We survived the wedding!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child-bro's wedding yesterday turned out to be a lovely and relatively normal affair. My difficult child-dad mostly behaved himself (most of his rude behavior was not noticed by others and he pretty much kept to himself -- he does not do well with crowds). The bride's mom was kept in check by her dad (who I heard on a number of occasions tell her to just let it go, or relax, or some other admonishment for getting uptight or wound up over something) and even the bride, who snapped at her a couple of times (!).

husband and I enjoyed ourselves very much, and the party was over before we knew it!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
GVC, absolutely beautiful wedding - everything, the flowers, the location, the bride's dress, the groom is very handsome, the water, the sunset, everything! I'm so glad you went and it was enjoyable.

Marguerite

That is beautiful - thank you! You looked lovely too. I love your hair, wish mine could look that good.

I loved the wedding vantage point, what a glorious view! Very high up. We don't get many parks here that high up but still so close to the water.

The reception place and the view from there - I had to double-check, it looks so much like the view from our church where difficult child 1 was married. The boats on the water at sunset - the only difference was the direction of the sun. Our village shopping centre overlooks the same view because it's handy to the jetty where our ferry runs from.

It is lovely to have such a memorable event happening so close to water as beautiful as this.

Glad your new sister in law kept her mother in check. Wish we could have borrowed your sister in law for difficult child 1's wedding, to keep his mother in law in check!

Marg

Lothlorien

Looks like a beautiful day. I bet her favorite color is purple! The pics are beautiful. You are all a nice looking bunch, too! I'm glad you had a nice day, especially with all of the hoopla beforehand.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks everyone :) Yes, somehow everything just came together very nicely, despite all the mix-ups and drama beforehand.

Marg, trust me, the only responsibility I can take for my hair is the person I chose to color, cut, and style it for me! :p I am not very skilled at styling it myself (no patience).

I'm sure the harbor location with all its eucalyptus in the area does look very familiar to your little village :) We've adopted many Australian plants in our landscape here.

They were fortunate to have the weather cooperating that day. The prior week it had been very overcast at the beach for most of each day.

Loth, yes, her favorite color is purple :) That was made abundantly clear at her shower, too!

As they both arrived at the reception, the guests were to blow bubbles at them (some sort of inside joke they have) -- the label on the tiny bottle of bubbles said "Love Is In The Air" and the bride and groom's names... cute. And the party favor on the guest tables was a small cellophane bag of espresso chocolate in the shape of coffee beans (difficult child-bro is a Starbucks addict) -- with a little card inside that read "A Perfect Blend" with the bride an groom's names on one side and a request for people to share their photos with them at a Yahoo address they'd set up for the occasion.

The bride's mother did all the flowers herself (used to own a florist shop) -- and they really were lovely. Family friends helped with the decorating and did the catering -- a selection of fresh fruits, cheeses and crackers, veggies, bruschetta (with LOTS of garlic), warm mozzarella/pesto on toast, for the cocktail hour, wine, beer, champagne and sodas at the bar, Italian pasta (choice of penne with meatballs and marinara sauce or bowtie with chicken cacciatore), two types of green salad and two types of bread for dipping in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and of course the wedding cake for dessert (it was a very simple white cake with a good buttercream frosting). They had a decent DJ who played Sinatra for the cocktail hour and first dance, then rolled into '70's disco and 80's dance tunes the rest of the evening -- it was a good mix for that crowd.

I think this woman will be a good mate for difficult child-bro. She seems to really enjoy looking after him and he certainly needs someone to help him keep his life in order. I hope that he gives her what she needs, too. She seems to understand his faults so far, and seems to accept them, too.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just can't believe that any of those lovely people are G'sFG! You must be crazy!
They all look way too normal... LOL

It is absolutely beautiful! The view is amazing, it makes me want an ocean fix.
Your family looks very happy. You are lovely in the purple and yes your hair looks great!

husband looks good in his suit...
The whole wedding seems to have gone well. I am glad you had a nice time. :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I just can't believe that any of those lovely people are G'sFG! You must be crazy!
They all look way too normal... LOL

:rofl: Yeah, I'm sure we can ALL say that about our families! Toto, I think that's another t-shirt candidate: I can't be crazy, I look too normal.