We survived the...

tiredmommy

friends birthday party! It turned out to be 15 girls in my basement family room. Everyone seemed to have fun and Duckie got past her many moments of gfgdom. I now have to survive the sleep over portion of the party: three friends are staying the night. They finally fell asleep around 11:30 pm. Only 11 hours to go until my 11am pickup deadline, lol! :hammer:

smallworld

I'm glad everyone at Duckie's party had fun. And I hope the three friends who stayed over stayed asleep.

Here's to a nap for you this afternoon. I suspect you're going to need it.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sounds like a good time and great memory for difficult child. I have a photo of me going to my first birthday party. I had a dress with the crinoline petticoats that make the dresses stick out.(1960) I had a white bunny fur jacket and patent leather shoes and purse. Add the Shirley Temple curls my mother added and I look like Norma Desmond"I'm ready for my close up Mr. DeMille" Mom obviously took 5 yr old birthday parties seriously.

Hope this is something Duckie remembers for a lifetime even if it's to chuckle about.

Kathy813

Staff member
You had that outfit, too? We could have been twins.

Remember the pink sponge curlers? :rofl:

I'm glad that the party went well, TM. I'm even more glad that I don't have to deal with sleepover parties anymore. :smile:

~Kathy

busywend

TM, glad the party went well and difficult child got through her difficult child moments - I know just what you are talking about. Survival is the goal with one of these events! LOL! Our own survival that is!

:princess:

SaraT

TM,

Glad the party was fun for Duckie. :princess:

I see a nap in your future. :future:(At least I would need one. lol)

tiredmommy

I had one little girl wake up and start crying at 1:40am, she was back asleep within a few minutes. I, of course, took an hour to fall back asleep. :rolleyes:Then, the little darlings were up and about at 7:30! Ugh! :rofl:
I slept for 1.5 hours this afternoon and I'm still tired.
Duckie has played quietly with her gifts for most of the day and I've been cleaning up for round two. The family comes tomorrow! :hammer:
I need more coffee. :coffee: