We were booed!

tiredmommy

We had a wonderful surprise a few days ago, thought I'd share! I went out my front door at about 9pm to grab something from my trunk and found a pumpkin bowl filled with Halloween treats... we'd been booed!

Here's a site that explains it:
http://www.busybeelifestyle.com/a-booing-poem/

We chose our two friends and bought the goodies yesterday and I delivered them under the cover of darkness last night. Duckie made the final decision on who to boo: her little friend that just started homeschooling recently because of the amount of illness in our schools right now; and her bff whose father is being laid off next month.

It was great fun and I highly recommend it! :ghoul:

smallworld

I've never heard of this before -- what a lovely and fun tradition. Glad you and Duckie enjoyed receiving as well as spreading joy.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
That's a really cute idea! I do have to tell you that when I read the subject header I thought that something had gone wrong with cheerleading...

Much relieved to hear it was something nice.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This is such a cute idea - I passed it along to everyone on my email list.

I am assuming that other needed items can be put into that "Booing" basket along with Halloween treats for those in need!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I had completely forgotten about this tradition! I had this happen to me a few times in Indiana.
I may do this here again.
Thanks

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
As avid May-basket-ers, this will give us a chance to do it TWICE a year! WOOHOO, the kids will love it.