Weather check in?

BusynMember

Very cold which is going to drop to below zero later in the week, 10 inches of snow, schools and even our cab company closed!

Anyone else having funky weather of any.kind?

Last edited:

Lil

This morning it's 40 and rainy.
Tomorrow will be 10 with a windchill in the negatives.
Such is Missouri in January. :confused:

AppleCori

40 degrees sounds nice.

Balmy... tropical, even.

I would be out in it right now!

My dogs have not gotten off the deck and gone into the yard for about two weeks. The snow is just too high for them. It’s over their heads.

And, yes, my deck is now their toilet. Yey.

We could get temperatures in the -30s and wind chills in the -50s on Tuesday through Thursday.Then, luckily, back to normal in the 20s.

Lil

40 is nice. Or I should say, WAS nice at 8 a.m. 10:20 and we've dropped to 35 and lots and lots of wind. It's supposed to be 20 by the time I go home today, not including the wind chill, and we're supposed to be a high of 11 with a -30 wind chill by Wednesday. Friday says we're supposed to be back up to 47 degrees!

It's no wonder everyone gets sick around here; up and down and up and down. Granted, I'd rather it not get cold and stay that way, but the up and down gets old too.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, the big winter storm is ostensibly over. We got around 11" before it slowed to flurries.

Now we're getting Lake effect with up to another 3" expected before this thing blows through.

Nothing is moving. Apartment complex plows not keeping up. From the look of the parking lot, no one went to work today. County offices, schools, etc are closed.

Windier than heck and due to be miserable all week.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Got about a foot of snow overnight. Wednesday is supposed to be bitter, dangerous cold -20 and I don't even want to know what the windchill factor is on that.
I'm blessed to live 4 miles from my work so at least I'm close to home if they were to close the company but I doubt that will happen.

BusynMember

Tanya, I am so glad today that we are retired.

My daughter works about six blocks from our house so she came here last night before the snow started and we gave her our 4x4 truck to drive from our house to work. I dont k ow if she will stay here tonight again or not, but either waY we want her to use our truck because it is great for this horrible weather. We have her car if we need one.

This is seriously nuts.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
It's sunny and 57 right now. Yesterday we were at the beach in Pensacola. Stunning. It was mid 50's but cloudy but so pretty.

Cold coming tomorrow and have to cover our back porch plants tonight or bring them in!

Lil

I have a cousin returning to Missouri today, just in time for the negative degree wind chills, from a month-long vacation in Hawaii! I don't know whether to be jealous of her or not!

:beach::freezing::2cold:

BusynMember

Lil, the cold will feel worse to her :(

RN its sad that its that cold even in Alabama. But 57.....I can only dream. Must be nice not to deal with a Chicago winter. Its bad there right now. My daughter just called and we swiped weather woes. :(

Tired out

Weather. UGH.
It will be in the negative digits here Wednesday. I Know Adam and I will be staying home and I told hubs to take a vacation day. I told them I will make cinnamon rolls and popcorn and we can have a Harry Potter marathon :).
I promised Adam a Florida break the end of February. Ihope it is warm there then!

KTMom91

It was 65 here today. We had the house open so the feline posse could watch the bird channel out the screen door.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
It never got real cold last night. It's 50's today and rainy. Supposed to get colder tonight but this is the kind of winter I like!! And this is their cold month they say. 60's coming in a few days.

BusynMember

RN, sounds like we will definitely be visiting the beautiful state of Alabama! We plan to park our RV in Texas but drag our truck with us and visit various states that stay warm. That is warm for January. We actually looked into RV parks in AL to home our RV in next winter but they were more expensive than Texas. So we did have Sweet Home Alabama on our minds! And can visit in our truck.

Lil

Yesterday it was 40, today when I got up it was 6. It's supposed to be negative tomorrow, even before wind chill. Weird front moving through - it supposed to be up in the 50's by Sunday!

I hear there was a state of emergency declared up north. Hope you folks are staying in and staying warm!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
The company I work for decided to close tomorrow due to the extreme cold. (I did not complain when this was announced) :biggrin:

BusynMember

Tanya, our schools and many companies are closed until Friday! Tomorrow will be our coldest day in ten years. High will be 10 below zero with a wind chill of minus 50.

Congrats on your day off! Kind of like a snow day for adults!! :)