Weather check Midwest, North, Northeast

Sam3

Left home and 72F to arrive to 9F for our Midwest holiday trip

Thanked the Lord out loud when I found out the game we have tix for will be in a new indoor stadium. Because it is supposed to be a high of -5.

I was literally trying to find Everest expedition gear to rent.

You would have easily picked us out of the crowd on fox sports. We would have been the family wearing every colorful piece of winter sports clothing we own or could borrow, goggles and all. With a sign that said, “yes, we’re not from here.”

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah, GN. It's (cough) warmer today. We had slippery snow yesterday. Were you spared down there?

We only got an inch or so, but yes, slippery stuff as they salted and it promptly refroze. I'm trying to get motivated to go out in it and get some trash (recycling stuff) out of the apartment.

Hopefully, I can make it to the dumpsters without breaking my neck (or a hip).

Sam3

Trip report

“Minneapolis has miles of skywalks, that go right up to the stadium entrance, so you don’t even have to bring a jacket”

It was said, by someone who didn’t realize some skyways didn’t open until after game time.

Resulting in: 20 minutes with no jacket in minus 9, waiting to get in.

Luckily the donner party weren’t Vikings or Bears fans.

Lil

Resulting in: 20 minutes with no jacket in minus 9, waiting to get in.

I'd be missing kickoff.

We continue to be frozen (usually low double digits - with windchill in single - but not negative) and dry, Thank Goodness! I do NOT want to be in the situation the east coast is! Yep...still nothing to complain about in Missouri. (But we'll do it anyway.)

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
It’s -16 F here today bone chilling cold for 2 more days and then snow is predicted with a rising temperature. I will take the snow as long as it warms up!!

Kathy813

Staff member
You didn't mention the south. We are freezing down here, too. It went down to 15 degrees last night here in a northern suburb of Atlanta. The wind chill was -5 to 0. I think that counts as cold wherever you come from.
:2cold:
Luckily, I am retired from face-to-face teaching so I am snuggled up with my pups watching television and surfing the Internet. Life is good.

~Kathy

BusynMember

I was just thinking about the south, Kathy. I told my hubby that if this had been our first year of snowbirding instead of it being next year we would have had to drive to Mexico!

It has been crazy cold all over.

Our wind chill has been --25 and worse. Supposed to be 20 on Sunday. Will feel like spring!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
You didn't mention the south. We are freezing down here, too. It went down to 15 degrees last night here in a northern suburb of Atlanta. The wind chill was -5 to 0. I think that counts as cold wherever you come from.
:2cold:
Luckily, I am retired from face-to-face teaching so I am snuggled up with my pups watching television and surfing the Internet. Life is good.

~Kathy
That is insane for Atlanta. Stay cuddled up.