Weather rant!

DammitJanet

I know I have it nowhere as bad as those of you up north of me so I shouldnt complain but omygosh...I am sitting in my trailer and I think Im going to be blown to Kansas!

It says the winds are only 25 mph but the gusts have to be stronger than that because my house is shaking and my roof is creaking and my shingles are tearing off!

When I took the dogs out earlier this morning I saw about 20 shingles laying in the yard. I kept hearing this ungodly rattling, ripping, shaking noise above my while sitting here reading the board so I went outside to check the roof and I saw about 50 or 60 more shingles all over the yard and a lot more are just flapping in the wind on top of my house!

I have called Tony because he is out of town and there is nothing we can do until he gets home except pray it doesnt rain. I dont have insurance on it. I swear Im gonna get it next month. I looked into it in the fall and put it off. Dumb. First thing Im gonna do next month. My roof is supposed to be under warranty but the company that made my home went out of business. Sigh.

Oh...just checked the weather. I knew the gusts were higher. Yeah...gusts over 60mph!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Sorry, Janet! easy child's ceiling was leaking yesterday. I'm just waiting for this to get much worse. SIGH...

I hate when the elements come into our home, just don't feel secure.

Is your roof flat?

Star*

call 911........call 911
We have wind......it's really bad. I want snow. I mean if we're going to have abominable conditions......I WANT SOME PRETTY SNOW. I WANT SNOWBALL FIGHTS.....I WANT HOT COCOA...(have sugar free right here---pats drawer)...I NEED A SNOWMAN FIX.....WHY DO ALL THE NORTHERN PEOPLE HOG ALL THE WHITE STUFF???? HOGGY WHITE SNOW HAVING NORTHERN STATES.

(rant over) thanks Janet this is just what I needed. ;)

Nancy

I don't like the wind Janet, it causes a lot of damage. The roof on our apartment blew off in the blizzard of 1977 and of course we were on the top floor. We woke that morning to the sound of a train on our roof and the snow came blowing into our bedroom. We were out of the apartment for a week while they fixed it but in the meantime everything in the apartment was ruined.

I hope the wind dies down and you can get the shingles fixed.

Nancy

TerryJ2

Aarrgh.
We had a bit of a snowstorm today ... only lasted 45 min, with-high winds.
It toned down a bit and was very pretty.

Still, school let out at 1:00. Grrr.

And now ... THE SUN IS OUT!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am thankful we didn't get winds that bad. Oh, it was windy as all get out last night......but nothing like that.

We're supposed to have snow showers over night. They didn't put up an amount so I don't know it they're expecting a dusting or oh, 6 more inches. lol I do know the college is already on a 2 hour delay due to drifting snow and my morning class was completely cancelled.