Wedding Pix!!!

Marg's Man

Marg and I were wondering what pictures we could share about easy child's wedding two weeks ago. So we selected a baker's dozen and uploaded them to our Flikr page where we go by our Yahoo on line name of bundeena47. They are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bundeenapix/sets/72157618228665032/

We realized that the pictures of difficult child 1's wedding back in November had not been downloaded either. Those pictures are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bundeenapix/sets/72157618139561523/

So you get a bonus - two weddings for the price of one, enjoy.

Any of who know us well, also know value our privacy so the pictures have somewhat non-committal captions. It's not because we don't trust you people it's all those 'others' out there we don't trust.

Marg's Man

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thanks for sharing your pics, looks like everyone was having a great time on both occasions........ can't help but love a man in a kilt!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Love, love, love the photo's. Thank you for sharing. I loved both cakes. Very unique and lovely. It was a pleasure to put a face to Marguerite and Marg's man. The kilt's and wenches and crusaders? were adorable. I must say the groom(son) with the long hair was goooooooorrrrrrrrrgeous in his groom outfit. He could be in the movies.
The venue of both weddings was really beautiful.
If I could do my wedding over, it would be similar with nature being part of it. Of course, it was the dead of winter. LOL.

crazymama30

Oh, those are great. I love the wedding cake, weddings should be fun and that cake sure looks fun. It was beautiful., all of it

K

Kjs

what nice picture's. Good looking family. And the weather looked fantastic.

Congrats.

donna723

WONDERFUL photos! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. You have a lovely family and it's nice to be able to finally put faces to the people we've been reading about for so long.

DDD

I loved them too! Thanks so much for sharing. I'd prefer to be sitting on a breezy porch with you ;) pointing at different people and items and scenes and asking "now who exactly is that?"

Whoever everyone is it sure seems like a lovely happy group. Congrats.DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What a nice surprise to see these pictures this morning. Thank you for sharing your lovely family with us.

Suz

trinityroyal

What beautiful pictures. Gorgeous scenery, and everyone looks so very happy.
(And I share the others`sentiments about the kilts)

Thanks for posting these.

Trinity

Estherfromjerusalem

Thank you so much for sharing those lovely pictures. It's nice to be able to put a face to the people who write here.

I loved the kilts and the tartans.

Did I see a knife in the white sock of one of the difficult children????? !!!!!

Congratulations. May you always have a lot of joy from all your children.

Love, Esther

M

ML

Oh thank you for sharing those! How beautiful these are, I really enjoyed them. Love, ML

mstang67chic

Going Green
Beautiful pictures and gorgeous family! I too would rather be on your porch looking at them in person but....eh....I suppose this will work too! LOL

Congratulations to you all!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Wow, how beautiful. I called easy child over to look at the different pics and the one of your son and you at his wedding she wanted to know if he was real. I informed her very much real and very married and on another continent. She was very disappointed.

Marguerite

To clarify on who's who - there should be captions on each photo.

easy child is the bride. sister in law (formerly BF1) is the groom. This is in the second wedding, the one under the trees. The one with the kilts. The photo under the trees with the family - it's difficult child 1 (in kilt, like his father) and his bride, difficult child 3 (in dark suit with tartan tie), husband & I in there (husband in kilt, me in dark burgundy dress), easy child 2/difficult child 2 and BF2.
The "knife in the sock" you noticed, Esther - it's the sgian dubh, the ceremonial knife worn only by the true descendants of the tartan. I discussed it in the longer post about easy child's wedding - in tis case, it's only a hilt, attached to a plastic shank. Kinda spoils the romance, doesn't it? husband & difficult child 1 are wearing one each.
difficult child 1's hair is now down to his waist. I have a photo on my wall, taken the day after his last haircut. The kids surprised me some years ago with a Mothers Day professional portrait of all the kids. I'd been permitted to do a buzz cut on difficult child 1 the day before and had been pleasantly surprised that he actually asked me to do ANYTHING for him in regard to grooming!
He not only wore a kilt to easy child's wedding, but he also wore the same shirt and coat he had worn to his own wedding, in November. It looked so marvellous with the kilt that we're taking husband shopping for a similar shirt to wear with HIS kilt, for easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding.

The photo of the bridal couple with old woman on one side and old man on the other - the old woman is mother in law (you can see her in difficult child 1's wedding photos too), the old man is sister in law's grandfather.

difficult child 1's wedding was on our local beach, at our church which is right next to the beach. Most of the wedding, including the food, was held outside on the lawn beside the beach. The bride arrived by boat (to the local jetty, almost getting in the way of the ferry service!) and walked barefoot across the beach. She had said she would be a barefoot bride, and she was. It was a colder day despite it being November, and the poor bride was desperately ill with laryngitis. She managed to croak out her vows and was smilingly silent after that. But it was a lovely day despite her being ill - so many people volunteered their services, including the caterer. A very different wedding to easy child's, two weeks ago.

difficult child 1 & daughter in law are still doing well (relationship-wise) but financially struggling. They are doing the best they can, they will manage. But I am trying to find difficult child 1 another job.

Next wedding - easy child 2/difficult child 2. There is a photo of her and her sister (easy child) at their brother's wedding, hugging close and laughing for the camera.

Each wedding photo set has a group photo of everybody there. easy child's wedding photo set also has a photo of me and my siblings, with the bridal couple. Our oldest brother was too ill to attend, he hopes to be with us for the next wedding.

I'm happy to share these with you, I'm slowly regaining my confidence after the cyberbullying incidents that caused so much distress a few years ago. But there are no names on the flickr photos, to avoid the bullies tracking us from where we live, to those photos. I know we can be tracked back from CD, but I trust you guys.

Hopefully I'll post more soon.

Marg

Last edited: