Wee difficult child has a very bad headache.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
He woke up at 6am almost screaming. He cried and hollered off and on for 2 hours. He has spent the entire day in the chair, periodically crying about his head hurting.

He says its the front pf his head and his neck.

No other symptoms.

But this little guy has a fairly high pain tolerance and he just looks like someone is beating the tar out of him, even when he's not screaming. Its starting to concern me a little.

everywoman

I think I would take him in and have him checked out by a doctor. He is quite young to have a headache that severe. I have one nephew who did have migraines quite early, but he was 9 or 10 when they started. Allergies? Sinus Infection? Any fever?

smallworld

Have you called the on-call pediatrician and run it by him/her?

If you're at all concerned and don't think it should wait until morning, I wouldn't hesitate to run him to the ER to be checked.

Some viruses do start with a bad headache.

Did he fall and hit his head?

Any change in medications recently?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
He has not fallen but he did have a minor (very minor) tiff yesterday afternoon and did some headbanging on the buggy seat while we were out riding. No other symptoms other than he has not moved from the chair literally all day. Eating and drinking fine, no fever, etc.

smallworld

Call the pediatrician's office and ask what you should do. In your shoes, I wouldn't feel comfortable waiting until morning.