Wee lost his field trip today

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
He was so excited. The whole class was just going to the park for a picnic.

The aid they hired for him is still the only aid that works with him, but she's only with him when the SpEd Teacher is not, now, instead of all the time. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but he has developed a real aversion to her that I have asked to have addressed a couple of times and gotten no response. I also asked them to address the fact that she wasn't ignoring behavior as in the BIP. Have heard nothing.

Apparently, this morning, she walked in the room and he told the sped he wanted her out. When she didn't leave, he called her names, and they told him if he can't be safe with them, he can't go on the field trip, so he lost the field trip.

And they are banking on the this aid to make magic happen next year. I'm so sick of this roller coaster. I want off.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Guess I should add....

the school hands out "tickets" to kids who are "caught being good". Its just a little slip of paper the teachers carry around and if, for instance, they see a kid standing quietly in line when the others aren't, they'll maybe give the kid a ticket for following directions. Then the kids save the tickets and turn them in at the end of the year.

Wee, obviously, doesn't get as many as other kids, but he had some. But last week, in a tantrum with the aid, he threw them away.

Yesterday, if you turned in your tickets, you got to go on a suprise field trip. Obviously, he didn't have any tickets, so he didn't go.

Seems so simple...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Shari--

This is kind of in response to both of the threads you have going at the moment...

The IEP garbage is just more of the same nonsense...and now THIS???? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

I don't know how you can take it any more.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - HOMESCHOOL!

I know that you have said you cannot re-arrange your schedule in order to teach Wee at home.

However -

You may not be aware that you, personally, do not have to be the teacher for it to legally count as "Homeschool Education". It does not even have to be a parent or legal guardian. You can hire a friend, relative, nanny, aide...any qualified adult can be Wee's teacher. And as long as he/she can document that she IS teaching, there is no required minimum number of hours in a school day...usually just required subjects determined by your state.

Maybe Wee's current teacher could be hired as a private homeschool teacher for Wee? Wasn't she leaving because of her other children....? I'm sorry, I don't remember the exact reason she is leaving...

And if she is not available, surely there is another lovely person on this earth who would be qualified to teach him for a few hours each day?

Something to think about...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And thinking I am.
I am waiting til she is no longer employed by the school to talk to her, but I will be talking to her.