Weekend happy thread June 18, 19

Scent of Cedar *

I'm taking a series of courses on various religions through their scriptures through a free site called edx.org. Pretty much anything you could ever want to learn about is available, and all the courses are through prestigious universities. The religion courses I'm taking are through Harvard Divinity School. It's all online and at your own pace

Oh, yay! I love this. Thank you for posting! I would be in school right this minute, if I could justify the expense, too. I will check this out.

The last online class I took was an algebra class. I think it was through our public library.

Thank you so much for that link, KTMom.

We try to step out of our comfort zone and attend other churches when we travel.

This would be stellar to do while traveling.

Yesterday I did get the fridge completely emptied and washed down, fixed a crockpot meal of Mexican chicken and had it for supper, now I need to pks and freeze the extra in the next day or two. I also cooked five pounds of ground beef, and pkg in two cup baggies.

I washed the curtains in younger DCs room, then ironed them and hung back up.

Whenever I know someone motivated and organized, I want to sneak up behind them, blindfold them and transport them in the blink of an eye to my house. Whipping off the blindfold, I would sneak out of the room and they, thinking they are cleaning their own house?

Would clean mine.

:O)

Cedar

ksm

Well, I did get something out of the church we visited. I realize I like the quiet meditative mood of our service. Life is hectic and loud...church is my sanctuary. I can hear loud music at home. LOL?

But I did get something out of the message... Regarding the verse about "doing all things thru Him who strengthens me". He said that we are only strong when we realize that we can't do all things... That true strength is when we realize we aren't strong...but that we can learn to be content, no matter what the circumstances.

So much what we talk about here. Finding our contentment in the midst of the storm. That we can't fix everything. We aren't strong enough to carry burdens that aren't ours to carry. But we can try to learn to be content in and of ourselves.

Sermon over. KSM