Weekend!

AppleCori

So, what are you doing this weekend?

I need to get groceries and we are looking at a house for sale. Just one house that caught my fancy on Zillow. Probably won't move any time soon, but with my X's renewed interest in my daughter and newfound income stream, I am considering it.

I think he has send me $$ four or five times in the last couple of months and a bombardment (relatively speaking) of e-mails. I am still nervous about him showing up here.

Anyway, then a long bike ride as long as the weather is good, and a picnic at the river. Maybe fishing if time allows.

Sunday, of course, is football. My team and my hubby's team are both on in our market this week! So Sunday is going to be busy. I'm also taping that new show Fear the Walking Dead.

So, what are you doing?

KTMom91

This weekend we have a street fair going on, so I'm going down to see the sights. On the chores side of things, I need to straighten up what the cats have busily knocked down before Hubby gets home. He's been working out of town for a week, and since it's just been me, the cats, and the dog, I haven't been picking up, or cooking, or really much of anything but reading and genealogy-ing.

BusynMember

Aw, you lucky people. Sounds like fun in the works. Speaking of work, that's what I'm doing this weekend :eek:

The bright part is that Jumper is coming in and I'll get to see her AFTER work. Better than nothing ;)

Lil

Jabber and I have had entirely too many lazy weekends. Seems like we just SO need to sleep in and relax. But, we've had too much of that, so this one will be work, work, work. We're still working on remodeling the basement, so my hope is to finish the baseboards in our office, bet some stuff in the garage cleared out and put into that room...so we can have some garage space for other types of work. God knows we won't have garage space for cars any time soon. :(

Outdoors I need to weed, trim back bushes/vines/etc. Inside, in addition to the remodeling, we need to paint, we need to clean like you would not believe, we need to wash windows. We need to go through so much stuff, including our bills and mail and throw stuff away.

No fun for us this weekend. :p

PatriotsGirl

I am cleaning the house this morning, though it doesn't get that messy without a toddler around (I would trade a messy house to see his precious face every day though!! I honestly ache when I am not with him...). The Dawgs are playing at 6pm, so hubby and I will be watching football - same tomorrow. Love football season!!!
Next week I get to pick up my daughter and grandson for the weekend again - can't wait to have them home... <3

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Well I sit here and wait. Window World was supposed to be here between 8 and 10 but the guy called and said he had a funeral to go to and wanted to know if they could come tomorrow. I told him no, we won't be home tomorrow so he said they could be here around 1.

It took a while to get a Sat. install date as I did not want to have to take a day off work.
It feels weird sitting in my house without any window coverings. Will be glad when the install is done. Looking forward to a lower heating bill this winter.
I'm also having a garden window installed over my kitchen sink. I have always wanted one.:)

Tomorrow after church hubby and I will pick up Mom-in-law and drive into Chicago to see niece play softball.

AppleCori

Well, we went to see that house for sale that I saw on the Zillow site.

My imagination and wishful thinking must have really clouded my judgment the other day. I saw what I wanted to see, I think.

Drove up to it and immediately knew it was a no-go. By a long shot. Like, I can't even imagine what I saw in it.

However, we really liked the realtor, so maybe he will show us something more appropriate.

Tanya,

We put in new-construction windows along with siding last fall. I can tell so much difference in the heating bills and comfort of the house!

Confused

Sounds like you all had your weekend planned, resting is great too! Definitely a plan! Aww Apple, I hope you find something you like if you do decide to move. All the best to you :) As for me, just doing laundry, spending time with family.

AppleCori

Hi Confused!

Glad you are back with us!

Haven't seen you in a while. How are you and the kids doing?

Let us know.

We had a wonderful weekend. Went for a long bike ride, which is my favorite thing to do always, and biked along the river. I love being near water. Took a nap afterwards. Not the sleeping kind, of course. :D

I started rearranging my school room on Friday afternoon and still haven't finished totally, but its so much more functional for what we are doing this year.

If we really decide to move, we will find something great. We want chickens. Seriously. Have you seen the price of eggs? My daughter really wants chickens and a goat. She loves gardening too. She is a farm girl at heart.

muttmeister

Beautiful weather here this weekend. Just got home from the movie A Walk in the Woods with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte. We laughed ourselves silly. It was really good.

pasajes4

I went to the coast on Saturday. I spent my birthday watching my grandson play soccer. He scored the only goal for our team. We did not go the beach as we had planned. The red tide has put in an appearance gs has asthma and it would have made him sick not to mention the beach is littered with dead fish. There was a team dinner at a popular burger/ sports hang-out. That was fun. We had coupons for bath and body so we went to their mall. It was packed and very festive. Lots of shops and eateries. People really seemed to enjoy just walking around with their families. I am a people watcher so it was fun for me.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Chiming in late but my weekend started Thursday. husband and I took a personal day Friday and we pulled difficult child out of school so we could leave early for Michigan!

Friday night we went to my husband's high school football game. We had a lot of fun and ordered the best pizza in the world's.

Saturday was simply perfect! Fourteen of us (mostly husband's family) went to the Michigan game. We had 7 in each vehicle and what a riot! Great conversations, fun game (with a victory), and a hilarious ride back to husband's hometown last night! difficult child and two of his cousins were laughing almost the entire 3 hour ride. Everyone was enjoying everyone's company.

Today the long ride home but we're here safe and sound!

JKF

My younger son went camping at the beach with his troop this weekend so husband and I had the weekend to ourselves. Friday night we sat out back and had a couple of drinks by the fire pit. Saturday during the day we took a motorcycle ride and had a nice lunch together. Had some friends over for dinner last night. Today we're just resting and relaxing and gearing up for a busy week.

Kathy813

Staff member
Apple, are you a Walking Dead fan, too? I am obsessed with that show and have started watching Fear the Walking Dead, also. It had a slow start but is picking up now. I can't wait until October when the Walking Dead starts.

My husband thinks I'm crazy because he is not a Zombie fan. I keep trying to tell him it is really about character development and how people react to the circumstances that they find themselves in through no fault of their own.

Luckily, many of my students are big fans so I have people to talk to about the show.

~Kathy

Lil

If we really decide to move, we will find something great. We want chickens. Seriously.

Me Too!!! I have been bugging Jabber for ages about chickens. Our yard is too small to have them in the town we live in.

We're actually fixing the house up to sell too. He wants some land, enough to hunt...I want enough to have my chickens and a little orchard and garden. Finding it close enough to where we work at a decent price is the problem.

pple, are you a Walking Dead fan, too? I am obsessed with that show and have started watching Fear the Walking Dead, also. It had a slow start but is picking up now. I can't wait until October when the Walking Dead starts.

Love TWD! Not sure about the prequel. I like it, but even though I know we know more than the characters, I'm getting a little tired of them being idiots.

We didn't get a lot done this weekend. We got the baseboard trim in one room of the basement done. I cooked. That pretty much covers it. :)

AppleCori

Kathy,

Yes! I love Walking Dead! Both hubby and I do. It's too bad your hubby doesn't like it. What does he do while you watch it?

I like the FTWD Ok. I like the premise, but the characters do get tiresome. I prefer action, not dialogue. Especially zombie action. Didn't see the one from last night yet. Got it recorded, though.

I think I am still working on my childhood trauma. My high school boyfriend took me to see my first horror movie, and it was a zombie film at a drive-in theater, no less. I was shocked, scared, but also fascinated. Love and zombies. Maybe I should get therapy? LOL

AppleCori

Lil,

Glad you got your baseboards done! Are they painted white? We got white trim around the windows when we had them put in last fall and it looks so fresh and airy.

I had an all white kitchen in a house I had years ago, and it was my favorite house ever. I have toyed with the idea of getting my cabinets painted in this house, but we may move instead.

When are ? Winter is SO not a good time to sell where we are, but MO's winters aren't quite as harsh. We are thinking of selling starting in March. That is, if we sell. Not 100% sure yet.

Lil

Lil,

Glad you got your baseboards done! Are they painted white? We got white trim around the windows when we had them put in last fall and it looks so fresh and airy.

I had an all white kitchen in a house I had years ago, and it was my favorite house ever. I have toyed with the idea of getting my cabinets painted in this house, but we may move instead.

When are ? Winter is SO not a good time to sell where we are, but MO's winters aren't quite as harsh. We are thinking of selling starting in March. That is, if we sell. Not 100% sure yet.

Yes, we did white. It's the only room we've painted the trim in, but it looks SO nice and fresh! We are painting the trim in the rest of the basement and kicking around the idea of painting it in the rest of the house. It's just such a pain! If I had money, I'd hire painters.

We are planning on painting our cabinets too. But first we have to get some other kitchen issues straightened out.

We wanted to be able to sell next year. I expect it'll be 2017. :( I'll be an old lady before I get my little mini-farm.