Weight gain. Sooooo upset at myself!

InsaneCdn

Look at what you ate for the previous 5 meals... what is your body craving that it isn't getting? And then... find healthier ways to get it.
When I get cravings, I'm usually missing something in my diet. Such as salt (husband can't have it so I cook without but I need it). Or calcium, or... whatever other micronutrients. See if you can find a clue in the patterns.

Californiablonde

Yeah it was whole wheat pasta and marinara sauce with some ground beef mixed in. Still two plates full is a lot of calories. I blew it. I already had my set calories for the day and I probably went over by 500. So not a good day for me. Tonight I'm gonna be super strict. I've got to lose this.

InsaneCdn

The stricter you are, the worse it will be.
Why don't you plan your diet so that one day a week, you have room in your calorie alotment for a splurge?
And then you can spend all week planning it.

Like... 75 less calories per day means... an extra 500 to "blow" on Sat night with SO.

Californiablonde

Yep Saturday night is my splurge night. We usually do pizza and a movie when the kids are with me and when I don't have them it's our favorite mexican restaurant. Hopefully Weight Watchers will allow me to splurge a little bit. It's been since high school since I've been on the plan and I know they've changed since then. Hopefully it's not too strict.

Californiablonde

No not taking vitamins. Gotta get me some. My boyfriend keeps bugging me to take them too. I gotta wait till my next paycheck to go and get some.

Californiablonde

Proud of myself yesterday. I didn't cheat at all. I plan on doing the same today. One thing that helps is we have no snacks in the house right now. Going grocery shopping tomorrow so I'll be tempted over the weekend but I'm doing my best!

InsaneCdn

CB... I envy you.
I cannot ever get away from food.
I work from home.

And I have a male HS student who... HAS to have snacks. Food, every 2-3 hours.

DammitJanet

You need to keep snacks you can eat and feel like you are indulging yourself. I recommend things that are under 100 calories. You want some yummy ideas? Sugar free jello. You will actually get tired of eating it before you get to 100 calories. Blue bunny has some wonderful ice cream bars for 80 calories.

If you work those in, you wont feel deprived.