Weighty Matters

M

ML

For those with difficult children that struggle with their weight... how is it going? MWM, how is Sonic doing?

Manster's still doing about the same. He has increased his activity quite a bit (tennis, gym) but he still has trouble making good (sugar) decisions when he is away from home. Unfortunately his dad doesn't set boundaries and so it's up to manster when he's with him on weekends to "just say no". I'm praying he has a growth spurt soon.

Just thought I'd ask everyone out there in this situation how things are going.

DammitJanet

ML...I dont remember what medications Manster is on but the weight can be a big issue that is hard on kids and well, anyone. Cory was up to 260 pounds at one point in his teen years due to the medications. He has dropped almost a 100 pounds! He wavers between 165 to 175.

The medications Cory was on at that time were depakote, seroquel, zyprexa and maybe something else. Cant quite remember now. Seroquel replaced the zyprexa at some time but cant remember when. His weight started to come off when he went on lithium at age 16 and then even more when they added his synthroid but then at 18 he went off medications all together. Since then he has lost all the weight. I honestly dont know how he has done it since he has our genes and both his dad and I are big people. Well...actually, if you look at Cory eat, he does eat actual portions and not He Man meals. He stops when a normal person is full and not when the buffet line closes...lol.

M

ML

Thanks Janet.
The likely culprit with manster's cocktail is the SSRI. At one time there were a group of us struggling with this issue and I was hoping to check in and perhaps get some ideas.