Weird and Scarey!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole had Aubrey playing out in the front yard this morning. In my yard up by the house foundation are my flower beds. I also have two huge flower pots. At the moment there are no flowers in them. But rain water and mud are, so when the baby went to play in it Nichole went after her.

Good thing she did!

Inside floating in the water were several syringes with the needles!! Nichole came running inside for me.

They are insulin needles that appear to not have been used, 6 of them.

Too weird. Appear to have either been "stashed" in my flower pot or "dumped to lose evidence" there.

I called the police dept to report it. I didn't want to toss them out or even touch them if they'd been involved in some crime. After a long wait on the phone I've been assured they haven't been at least to the police's knowledge at this time. I was told either they can come and dispose of them or I can just toss them out.

So I went out and got them. The bag they came in was also there. I've put them into a walmart bag, tied it and at the moment it's sitting on my porch. It doesn't feel right to just toss them out. I dunno, maybe I've watched too much CSI on tv, but what if they were involved in some criminal activity the police are not yet aware of?? Then I'll have just tossed the evidence into the trash. Sure the police have my name and address, but that's nothing. Someone was taking a chance dumping them into that flower pot because they had to walk into my yard and clear up to my house to do it. Why didn't they just toss them into my trash cans on the side of the house, it would've been less risky and no one would've found them? We live right on the alley. My trash cans are right there for pete's sake. They could've just walked by and tossed them in.

No. This wasn't my junkie friend. She NEVER comes to my house. Hasn't in the whole 5 yrs I've lived here. No way they are Nichole's, she wouldn't have come running to tell me. Not Travis because he would be daffy enough to tell me if he was messing with that sort of thing, it's the way he is. And don't you need a script for insulin syringes?? I'm pretty sure you do.

Now for the Twilight Zone part of it...........

Last night I had a VERY vivid dream. Nichole, her boyfriend and I had planned and carried out in great detail the murder of boyfriend's older brother. I was trying to come up with a sure fire way to rid all our computers of the evidence when I woke up. It was so vivid I found myself still trying to solve that problem while trying to figure out why on earth I'd dream such a thing in the first place. I've met boyfriend's brother once. He seemed snobby but nice enough.

The "murder" involved syringes.

Back to reality, I am MUCH releaved the baby didn't get to them first!!

So....would you put them somewhere safe til you were sure they weren't involved in a crime, even though currently police say they aren't, or get rid of them??

Not a good way to start the morning.:dissapointed:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Call your pediatrician and ask them if you can bring them in to dispose in their sharps trash.

dreamer

UG! THAT is truly creepy! Yikes! I would be SO freaked out. LOL- I was just in my front yard and was SO angry and frustrated- some smashed a large glass vodka bottle against the rocks that border my gardens, and I was cussing up a blue streak trying to figure out just how I am gonna safely get all the tiny glass shards out of the grass and mongst the flowers. I am 99% sure I know who did this, becuz the boy 2 doors down drinks a LOT and all his life has stuffed his trash in my gardens and bushes and he has also vandalised even more maliciously to my house.....but syringes? OMG, I would be so upset. and so freaked.
I would not simply toss them, but maybe thats just cuz of my shots, I use a sharps container.....maybe call a pharmacist and ask them best way to dispose of? or your docs office? But.I am gonna take a guess if cops said go ahead and toss them, then it is prolly OK to get rid of them. I have this feeling police in real life do not really usually go hunting down and traceing back a whole lot of evidence.
I wonder if maybe you might have overheard someone in your yard while you were sleeping and their converssation spilled into your dream? But? murder? YIKES..scary find in your flower pots, and scary dream!
Gosh I only dreamed my husband got our relatively new furniture dirty so I threw it away and made him and kids live without, LOL- woke to find yup- they spilled a can of soda pop was I mad!

But gosh all my stuff this morning sure seems TAME compared to that- many many reassureing hugs- you ARE safe, and you DID find them before the wee one did! YAY! Good luck.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good idea about asking the doctor to dispose of them there.

I don't like just tossing them. They "appear" to not have been used, but I don't know that. I would feel better if they were disposed in the proper sharps container, preferably labeled Bio Hazard. (just in case)

dreamer, weird part is that we don't live in a "bad" neighborhood. I haven't a clue where these came from. But you may be right about the dream. I did have the bedroom window open last night.

Still weird dream though. lol Gee I'm plotting murder against people I don't even really know. lmao

dreamer

I know the feeling- not living in a "bad"neighborhood but still haveing incidents that you would normally only associate with a "bad" neighborhhod.
Maybe someone was visiting relatives nearby and decided it looked like a good place to dump them

dreamer

anothr possibility- someone in neighborhood is diabetic, and maybe had switched to different type method of insulin, so they tossed their syringes in garbage becuz they were unused and still in bag? (rather than useing sharps container) and a critter, like a raccoon got into their garbage and dragged the bag of syringes off and was teetering on your flower pots and left them there?

Star*

call 911........call 911
We live out in the country (wells sorta) and find those all the time -

The police will come and get them, and dispose of them as bio-hazard/sharpes.

I don't know where else you could take them that a trash man wouldn't get poked or something - I think I would tell the police to come get them.

Makes you sick - I know.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have thrown away our unused ones but they still had the caps on the needle part!!! I would feel bad about just chucking them in the trash, if someone got stuck, they would have to be tested just for pre-cautionary measures! HEP, HIV etc... It could make someone's life miserable. That is good of you to think that way, I bet a lot of people would just chuck them!

klmno

That is pretty frightening- it is a wonder no one already got stuck. I thought maybe you had the dream because of something you overheard while sleeping, too. But, that is wierd.

I'm glad the baby is ok- -

It sounds like someone, who had them illegally (like to shoot dope) had to stash them but had every intention of retrieving them. Which is why they were put in the flower bed, not in your trash. Addiction can be in any neighborhood.

Creepy, indeed. God watched over that baby.

Definitely bring them to the doctor and see if they can dispose of them properly.