Weird happenings

mstang67chic

Going Green
So I'm talking to my step-mom yesterday. She was
telling me that she was in the garden today weeding
and she hears the bluejays just going nuts. They live
kind of in the country on the outskirts of their town.
Usually, when the bluejays go nuts it means there is
a hawk around. So then she hears the hawk going nuts.
Hmm.....unusual. Now, behind their garden is a very
small woods. (More like a thick stand of trees) From
the woods comes some sort of growling. Ooooooooook.
Then she tells me that the hawk came SWOOPING out of
the woods with a rabbit in it's claws and of course
the rabbit is screeching to beat hell. That explains
the noise in the woods.

On to the next animal story. Same day, same garden.
She's pulling more weeds, fussing over the plants when
something starts moving in the foilage. This is after
the whole hawk/rabbit thing so she's a little freaked
out anyway at this point. She moves the leaves aside
and find all of these little FROGS. (The same frogs,
she tells me, that have been showing up in their pool,
swimming every morning. My 13 year old sister even
swims with them......yeah, I know. She's never been
right) After that, she decides that she's done with
the garden for the day and heads inside. BUT!!! The
day isn't over yet. Later in the evening she calls me again.
Seems my sister (previously mentioned 13 year old)
headed upstairs to potty and then go to bed. They
hear her go upstairs then hear a HUGE scream and my
sister comes TEARING down the stairs. "THERE'S A DEAD
ANIMAL IN THE TOILET!!!" Apparently, over the past
couple of years, my step-mom has heard stories from
neighbors of similar things but she wasn't sure she
believed them. Now she does. So my step-mom goes
upstairs to look and sure enough, there is a DEAD
SQUIRREL FLOATING IN THE TOILET. (So of course, being
the big sister that I am, I put a
picture of a squirrel on my sister's myspace.)

It was too outlandish/freaky of a story not to share.
I was emailed a picture of said squirrel but I'm not sure how to post it. If I figure it out, I might.

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>ROFLMBO, big sis, you are just sooooo funny. I love the squirrel story. When I first moved to Dallas,there was a lot of rain(sort of like this year) and a possum scooted up out of someone's commode. Yikes, can you imagine sitting there in the night. It was alive!!!!!</span>

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm thinking that if I sat on the toilet in the middle of the night (or anytime for that matter) and felt some little cold, wet nose on my bum, it would take a week to pry me off the ceiling. :faint: :surprise:

busywend

My grandma had a squirrel in her toilet once, too. She heard all this splashing around, went in the bathroom to find the squirrel trying to get out. She quickly closed the lid and then the door and called animal control. It was alive! In her house!

:smile:

AllStressedOut

In Dallas someone had a possum come through their toilet? I'm glad I insist on the bathroom door being shut at night. Can you imagine waking up to that in your room? They are mean!

Fran, if you are local, you should PM me. I'm also in Dallas area. Maybe we can get together for coffee sometime.

G

guest3

we never had one on the toilet but we had one waving to us through a hole in the ceiling when we woke up one morning.

DammitJanet

All these animal stories crack me up! Im gonna have to get Jamie to tell me all his funny stories. He is sure to get some doozies.

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I love that you put it on My Space too. I don't know how to do that but it sounds like a great idea.
Mustang, you aren't kidding about scraping oneself off the ceiling. Gives me the willies just thinking about it.
All stressed, I'll PM you. </span>

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm cracking up. :rofl:

My Mom woke up to a huge black snake in the toilet one morning. My bio Dad still loves to tell the story cuz he thought he'd never get her off the kitchen table. lmao

In my gramma's house when we were kids, one night two cyotes woke my sisters up as they came in through the open bedroom window. Gramma chased them off with a shotgun. But to this day we haven't a clue how they did it. The bedroom was on the SECOND story. :faint: My sisters refused to ever sleep over at gramma's house again. lmao

Wiped Out

Staff member
Too funny about posting a squirrel on her My Space! I would have totally freaked to find anything like that in my toilet or anywhere else for that matter! I'm the type who freaks over the smallest spiders in the house! I don't do nature in the house well at all-for that matter I don't like bugs outside much either! :rofl:

On_Call

OMG! Is your step-mom staying indoors the rest of the week - tell her the weeds will still be there next week - and maybe 'nature' will have moved on to someone else's back yard!! :rofl:

I am sure your little sis truly appreciates the squirrel on her myspace page. lmao. I would still be crying probably if I had found something in my toilet.

Once last winter, difficult child went to use our phone booth sized powder room off the living room. He came running out through the house with his hands waving over his head and screaming. I have never seen him look so scared. He said he used the commode - then washed his hands (like a good little difficult child :wink: ) and then reached for the towel. The cutest little mouse you ever saw was sitting on the towel, which hung neatly from the towel bar. difficult child said he was just sitting there - looking at him.

Can you imagine!?!? :surprise: No wonder the poor little b u g g e r came busting out the bathroom. I would have, too. I told him so. It was months before either one of the munchkins would use that bathroom.

mattsmom27

I'm laughing at the cold wet nose on bum mental picture.

*cough* Okay, here's a confession .... *cough* .... This "IS" a anonymous place after all ....

So picture this ... Mattsmom escapes with now DEX (easy child's daughter) for a few days away camping shortly after easy child's birth. Camping at a national park/campground and our camping spot is very secluded. DEX and I had a few too many drinks and were sitting side by side on a blanket having a bonfire. Surrounded by serious bush/trees on pretty much all sides. We keep hearing this rustling in the bush in the distance, making me nervous. It was loud enough that I just knew it was a large animal. I want to go to the tent but DEX is laughing at my "city girl ways" and we stay by the fire. The rustling getting closer, just at the edge of the campsite. DEX is insisting that animals aren't going to bother us since we are sitting by a big fire. I'm really unhappy, it's so dark in our campsite as moonlight and stars are blocked out by dense trees, so can barely see around the fire and beyond that, blackness. Suddenly I hear a skittering BEHIND me, NOT in the bush but in the dirt of our campsite. I freeze, DEX freezes. Silence. I think we are safe and the animal is gone when out of nowhere, a feel a cold, wet nose on my bum!!! I kid you not. *gulp* Yes, I was "au natural". A cold ... wet ... nose .... on my .... BUM! I hissed in a whispering tone, "THERE IS SOMETHING BREATHING ON MY :censored2:, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU ARE A MAN .... DO SOMETHING". So DEX (yeah, he's an EX!) bolts to his feet and races across the camp site. AWAY from me, the fire, and the monster breathing on my :censored2:! I had a long branch I'd been using to poke the fire/embers in my hand. I started wacking furiously all around me in the dark and there is skirmishing between me and the evil beast. Evenutally I connected and heard hideous growls and noises before I won the battle and the beast scrambled into the bush. I stood up FURIOUS with DEX. By now he is back by the fire .... BELLY LAUGHING WITH TEARS STREAMING DOWN HIS FACE!!! I ran to the tent and refused to budge back outside. For a good hour I heard skirmishes. I knew the beast was back to take revenge. DEX eventually stuck a camera out the tent door and snapped pictures. We woke in the morning to a missing bar of chocolate and bag of marshmallows (like I was cleaning the campsite after a beast tried to take a piece of ME??!!!???!!).
When we developed the pics, there was the beast caught on tape raiding my campsite in retaliation for being beaten with a large branch .... Rocky freaking Raccoon!!!
So uh ... yeah ... there was no ceiling to pick me off of a week later, but ever since I twitch when I hear bushes rustling and every time I see my garbage bins ransacked in the morning, I know Rocky followed me home and is seeking his revenge. All the fools who think raccoons are cute? Sweet? Would make a cute pet? Think again ... gosh realllllly think again. Because a raccoon will take you out given half a chance.
True story, only shared with a few, usually reserved for drunken moments when I can tell the story without utter humiliation. I'll take a frog in a pool anyday :wink: