Welcome, sports fans!

Baseball playoffs start tomorrow night! :fan:

Now, while I am a born and bred, die hard, South Side White Sox fan, it has been 99 (read: NINETY-NINE) years since the Cubs have won a world series.

In my lifetime, I've seen the Bears with the Superbowl. I've seen the Hawks win the Stanley Cup. I've seen the Bulls win a championship. Six times. I've seen the Sox win the World Series.

I am pulling for the Cubs to do it this year.

Anyone else have playoff fever?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Goooo Indians......Gooooooo Browns.......GOoooooooo Buckeyes.

NOW THAT.....is DIEhard.

K

Kjs

Indians are going to take it. Checked in with difficult child..lol. I said Phillies, but he insists it will be Indians.

I am anti-Illinois. But afraid of Sunday nights football game. Packers are 4 - 0, but Bears are a tough game always regardless of either's schedule or record. May as well have this be the first game since both teams always play great against each other. Will be a tough game.

difficult child's baseball team had first game of playoff's last night. Thought it was over. Down 5 - 1 with last wraps. Other team walked in 5 straight runs and we won. Tonight is the next game, and tomorrow the championship.

I would not mind seeing the Phillies take it either. But I got to cheer for my Chicago team.

Anti-Illinois. Pfft. Only a cheesehead would say that.

In spite of living near Chicago, multi-generational family loyalty to the (beloved) St. Louis Cardinals normally prevents my rooting for the (hated) Chicago Cubs. However, since the Cards are out of it this year, I will make an exception.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Being a SF Giants fan... I got no-one...
husband has slowly brain washed me at night to be a White-Sox fan on the side!!! I have gone to more Sox games in the past 10 years than SF games!!! GO SOX... But he has also brain washed me to despise the Cub... No Cub fan's allowed in this house!!! For some reason there is a huge group of folks here who have relocated from the midwest!!! So we have huge battles over the northside vs. so side... and the Green Bay vs. The BEAR fight!!! Prett Funny.
So I am straddling the fence right now... Uncle Bucky will be showing up rooting for the Cubs!!! Trying to brainwash the girls...

Totoro & HWGA,

I don't hate the Cubs as much as I loathe Cubs fans. Pretentious, stuck-up yuppies. They finally take the division and they are all running around town saying "Sox stink!" Please. Where were you 2 years ago? Where were you last year? (I was laughing as the Redbirds won). I kinda feel sorry for the Cubs. Not the fans, the team. Time to see if the curse of the Billy Goat is still in existence.

KJs,

You don't GOT a cheesehead. You ARE a cheesehead. Get it right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was laughing as the Redbirds won</div></div>Ah, yes! Dat was sweet.

KJs,

About 10 years ago, I gave a speech at my BFF Jill's wedding (actually, her name is Barb). Anyways, after the wedding, she was moving to Madison.

At the end of the speech, I presented her with one of those cheeseheads. She wore it on top of her veil and danced with it all night. She looked simply fabulous.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am not a huge baseball fan but if and when I do pick a team it is usally white sox. I don't like the cubs or the cardinals as those are my ex h 's and his families teams and it is just a personal thing.

Beth

donna723

Another dyed-in-the-wool multi-generational Cardinals fan here. born and raised in St. Louis! Not only would my conscience prevent me from hoping the Cubs win, I would be drummed out of my own family if word ever got out! And I am <u>NOT</u> willing to make an exception! I don't mind the Cubs as much now that they don't have that ego-freak, "Corky" Sosa, and they're pretty much a whole different team now, but I just couldn't cheer for the Cubs!

I feel like I really "don't have a dog in this race", but I wouldn't mind seeing Philadelphia win.

Well my office has decreed "casual attire day" (i.e., jeans 'n' sneakers) in honor of the Cubs.

BUT - only if you wear your Cubs apparel.

I don't think I can go that far (even if I did own Cubs apparel).

Nancy

<span style='font-size: 20pt'> <span style="color: #000099"> GO </span> <span style="color: #FF0000"> INDIANS!!!!!! </span></span>

First playoff game against Yankees tonight at home! husband got two tickets in a loge for tomorrow's playoff game and I gave mine to easy child so she could go with husband. I hope she knows what a gift that was, I am so jealous!

Nancy

Today was Cubs day at Tink's school.

Imagine our embarrassment when we could not find one piece of Cubs clothing anywhere in her room. In my house, even.

I sent her to school in a Sox shirt.

Just flipped on the Yanks/Indians game. Bottom of the 8th.

Hoohoo! Cleveland is giving the Yankees quite a spanking. Garko just hit a beautiful home run. Fine by me. I'm a little tired of seeing NY in the WS.

The chatter in Chicago is hilarious. Cub fans aren't happy enough to be in the playoffs. They have to rib the Sox fans that they did it BETTER, somehow. And of course SOx fans are giving it right back since they lost game 1 to AZ. Somebody put a stuffed goat on Harry Caray's statue right outside Wrigley Field.

I giggled.

Nancy

BBK it was a GREAT game. We're hoping for the same tonight. We needed this, our city needed this.

We are a bit disappointed in LaBron though. He should have left the cap at home. Not a good way to show support for the city that has given him so much.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'> <span style="color: #000099">GO </span> <span style="color: #FF0000"> TRIBE</span> </span>

Nancy

There is a story on him wearing a Yankees cap. He is a total Yankees fan. So is Tom Brady.

Quite frankly I don't get country-wide love for teams like the Yankees and the Cowboys.

We have Bill Murray sitting at the Cubbie games. Poor Bill. Gonna be heartbroken again. Seems the curse of the Billy Goat is alive and well.

I'll be cheering for the Tribe again today. Every time I watch them play I think of the movie Major League. LOVED that movie.

Nancy

I know he is a Yankees fan but he grew up and went to school here, built a huge house here, has his girlfriend and kids here, takes care of his mother here, is surrounded by all his old hs friends as his manager and public relations and security people and now he plays here. We were all thrilled when the Cavs signed him and of course he is the big reason the Cavs do so well, no denying it. He could be a long time Yankees fan inside but wearing the cap on tv which was broadcast throughout the world will surely cause a little uproar among the fans. LOL he turned it backwards after the 5th inning and left after the 7th inning.

Glad you are a fellow Tribe fan.

Nancy