Welcome To My World, husband

Bunny

husband decided to take a personal day today. After spending all morning and part of the afternoon in bed, he got up and showered. difficult child came home from school and asked me to help him print out these pictures that he took for a science project that is due on Friday. I told husband that while I was helping difficult child he needed to get easy child off the school bus in half an hour. I happen to go up to the kitchen and look out the front and see the school bus at the bus stop and hear husband walking around upstairs. I ran out onto the porch and call to one of the other moms and asked her steer easy child home. Then husband ran out to get him.

i go back to finish helping difficult child and husband asks me about easy child getting his homework done. I told husband that easy child can have a snack, but once he starts his work he needs to sit with him to help keep him on task. "Why do I have to sit with him? You don't really sit with him, do you?" Yes,dear, I really do. He decides that he really doesn't need to do that, which means that I have to do it, because easy child needed help with some of it.

After dinner husband was on the phone with a friend of his. The kids start squabbling with each other and I go up to help. difficult child did okay. He didn't get out of control, stayed calm, but started arguing with me. I looked at husband for help, but he pointed to the phone and went on talking. I got it all dealt with and walked away. After he got off the phone husband came to me and said,"They always start when I'm on the phone and then I have to stop what I'm doing." I just looked at him and said, "We'll, what do you think I have to do - EVERY DAY!?"

I know I'm not the only one that deals with this nonsense, but I really wish husband would get his head out of the sand and get with the program. With BOTH of the kids.

buddy

Just crazy making. It's harder for me to understand than the difficult child stuff. I'd be an awful family counselor.

TerryJ2

Ah, yes, all in a normal day's work for Mom. All truly out of control and incomprehensible to Dad. So typical. I am so glad he stayed home for a change! I hope he remembers this. I hope you can gently remind him ... every other day. ;)

Sheila

ditto DDD.

My ex came right out and said he couldn't get work done dealing with-difficult child. No kidding? I was shocked! Can't imagine what he was talking about! lol

dstc_99

I'd be tempted to tell husband you need a personal day and leave him home with them all day! At the end of the day check all his work and if it isn't done right make him fix it. Let him see what it is like to handle it all alone with no support.

Bunny

Thanks, ladies! I knew you would understand.

About two weeks ago I ran away from home for a few hours. I took difficult child to his therapist appointment and when I got back I packed up my stitching bag and left to go to the needlework shop and hang out there for a little while. It's something that I definitely have to do again - soon!! Of course, while I'm gone difficult child behaves like the golden boys he pretends to be because he's afraid of his father and won't provoke him the way he goes after me. Unfortunately, I can't run away again this weekend as Saturday is crazy day, but the following week has definite possibilities.