Well difficult child 1 is home for a visit....

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
So far so good. We showed up at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and she thought she was getting ready to go to a performance of the Rockettes. I asked her how bad she wanted to go to it. She said short of but no biggie. I asked if she would rather come home for a visit (she had no warning this was coming). She screeched (you know like a7 or 8 year old. Oh the drama. But she was happy. She is on the chip system at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and has had all positives for over a week :surprise: :bravo: :faint:

So tonight she and I will go to work with husband ( I just don't want to much true alone time yet) and then I will do my job after that. Tommorow is just us hanging out around the house most of the day. I hope to get her to bake some banana bread with me. I also have to make my cheesecake for new years eve party too. So maybe she and I can have some bonding time then.

We gave her the small appliances that we are starting to get for when she goes to her own apartment. She seemed happy about them. I told her some of my old ones will be hers as well. Just trying to get her to be more excited about things.

She just did something though that I about fell out of the chair laughing at. The furry family is all trying to get their turns with her. The one cat is pestering her the most. She just told it I like a lot of attention too but I don't get it so neither will you. :wink: :rolleyes: Oh my.

Well wish us luck on the visit. I think it will go well but you just never can tell.

Beth

meowbunny

Sounds like it's off to a good start. Something tells me coming home was much bigger than seeing the Rockettes. (When mine was at Residential Treatment Center (RTC), the Rockettes would have won.)

Hope the cooking goes well tomorrow. It is a great way to bond. Maybe you can drop some butter and go skating on the floor. Or have a batter lickoff.

witzend

LOL! I like the cat story.

Lots of good luck wishes to you. I think that giving her apartment gifts was a really nice idea. I'm glad that you are having a nice visit.

klmno

It sounds great- it's a good sign that she did so well during the week and wasn't even "bribed" by knowing she could come home!! Even if there's a tense moment or two, I hope it turns out memorable and positive for you both. I was thinking she might not get overly excited about talk of moving out on her own right now, if she's been homesick she might want to think more about spending time at home. Obviously, I don't know the complete situation or how she thinks, though.

Have fun and enjoy each other's company!!!

LittleDudesMom

Beth,

the visit is off the a great, albiet humerous, start! I hope it continues and the two of you have fun in the kitchen together tomorrow.

:princess:

Sharon