Well had my abdominal CT today

DammitJanet

Icky barium junk! Plus had that IV that makes you feel all hot.

I had to wait in the waiting area for almost an hour to go back because a huge thunderstorm came up and knocked power out and they had to reset the CT machine...lol. Thank heavens I wasnt on the table though. I was getting horribly nauseated though by the time I got back there and they couldnt get the IV started and had to call the IV team in to get it done. The poor tech guy blew my vein the first time and said he wasnt gonna try again so he called the IV team.

The results should be in within a day or two. I know I feel icky tonight. Who knows.

I am trying to eat soft foods.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
How are the soft foods going? Bland and not greasy is good too. Taste is ehh, but it usually doesn't make the nausea worse or cause pain to flare up.

Keep us updated. I hope you start feeling better soon.

TerryJ2

Ah, so that's where you've been! I am SO glad you weren't stuck in there during the thunderstorm. Not fun. Glad it was only the waiting room and that it's all over now.
Fingers crossed for clear results and a clear and easy solution.

DammitJanet

Im hungry...lol. I want to eat so badly. Right now I am eating a lot of Greek yogurt and that seems to be helping but I so badly want to go to Joe's Crab Shack and get the Bean Town Bake. I could do with some lobster and shrimp! I dream about that darned thing! Maybe I will feel well enough to take Cory up to have one for his birthday. I hope so.

InsaneCdn

Is that Greek Yogurt "active culture"?
If so... the probiotics may be part of what is helping.

And yogurt is a good source of protein, as well as essential minerals and some vitamins.

If you can handle a scrambled or soft-boiled or poached egg, one egg a day is a BIG boost on vitamins. (except vitamin C)

DammitJanet

Wow...my gp just called to tell me that my labs came back and I am positive for H pylori. They are calling in a bunch of scripts that should take care of that. They said it will make me feel really crummy for the time I am taking them but after its over I should feel better. So maybe things are on a turn for the good!

tiredmommy

Janet~ I was treated for that back when Duckie was in kindergarten. I was given three antibiotics to take at once. Word of advice: buy some Align probiotics when you pick up the scripts, it's pricey but should help with the negative effects of the megadosed antibiotics.