Well, I bought her a...

tiredmommy

PS2 today with a karaoke game/microphones bundle, plus a HSM 1 & 2 sing along game. And I just pre-ordered the DDR Disney version with-controller (it's release date is 1/9). She better be pleased with her birthday present! :rofl:

klmno

Way To Go Mom! She'll be thrilled. difficult child still has PS2 while other friends have moved on to bigger and better platforms. He just has to wait until the price comes down on them! Anyway, he's still able to find many games for it that he likes (if I let him have them!).

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I bet she'll love it.

Nichole, her boyfriend, Travis, and sister in law all still play the PS2. They actually like it better than the more expensive versions.

tiredmommy

Thanks, ladies. I know nothing about gaming, except Duckie will not be interested a sport game, car race or violence. I was looking more for something that she could sing and dance with because she's planning on being a pop star. :rofl:
husband, on the other hand, is already eying a hockey game and grand theft auto. :hypnosis:

tiredmommy

The Disney version is on order, it comes out 1/9. It has spomething like 30 or 40 songs from the current crop of pop stars. Hopefully it will be here by her birthday. She's played DDR twice at the library and got pretty good under the tutelage of a few girl 'tweens.

LittleDudesMom

Awwww, now I understand the PS2 reference on the GM post over on general!!!

easy child has the ddr for the ps2 and she still loves it. We ended up purchasing a second mat (she got the really good thick one, and the second one we purchased was a less expensive standard one) so she could "compete"/play with her friends. She has gotten all sorts of folks you wouldn't even guess would ever do something like that on the "dance floor!!!!!!!"

This Christmas she got the GHIII with two guitars and she loves that as well. She has even challenged me to a few battles (guess who took the crown on that???).

difficult child has the 360 but I decided to get the GHIII for our ps2 platform because it wouldn't affect difficult child's gaming time (he mostly plays the 360) and the ps2 is so small and portable, I thought easy child might want to take it to parties or friend's houses. That GH III is actually a really popular item with the teens.

You know, when the kids first got the ps2 years ago when it first came out, the first thing bonehead did was to go out and buy GTA! He would sit in the Florida room and play it after the kids went to bed! Be careful Duckie is now where in the area when husband is playing that!

Let me know how long it takes for you to get on the ddr!

Sharon

tiredmommy

I figure maybe GH for next Christmas. Plus, I'm insisting the system be set up in the downstairs family room so the noise doesn't disturb the entire house. husband will need to play mature games when Duckie isn't around, same as watching PG13 or R rated movies. :wink:

susiestar

Roll With It
DDR may convince me to get a PSwhatever. Probably 2, as they are pretty cheap at the pawnshops. (I just LOVE the pawnshop for games and movies - the one is a chain and stands behind things,and gives us pretty good discounts, and the other is run by a guy I knew in high school - good prices there too!!)

Does DDR work well on PS2? We really like the gamecube, but finding DDR is just impossible. We have been looking for over a year.

She iwll LOVE her gift!! Esp when she can play DDR with a friend or several.

Susie