Well I just snapped.

DazedandConfused

Gentle hugs to you, my dear. I've popped both my difficult children in the mouth out of extreme frustration. This is after I vowed I would NEVER hit my kids when I had them.

Phffff! Yeah, right.

Parents of difficult children live in an alternate reality. That your here shows just how much of a good parent you are (Especially playing Queen and Princess for an hour!:yourock:)

Ephchap

BBK,

Reading your post brought back sooooo many memories. I can sooooo relate to the whole scenario. been there done that, have the tshirt.

Cut yourself some slack, girl ! You are NOT a bad mom. You reacted while difficult child was having a meltdown. It happens. Many/most of us have been there done that.

Hang in there. You're not alone.

Sending hugs,
Deb

Star*

call 911........call 911
BBK,

The ability to give our children latitude when they are obnoxious, defiant, in our face, making poor choices and just being all out poohs - is day-to-day seemingly so easy for all of us that other parents look at our situations and say "I have NO idea how you parent that child." and they mean it.

Then there are days when we play Jenga parent. We get stack upon stack of defiance, and daily grind and we divert, ignore, basket a, basket b and eventually our load is too heavy and we snap. I guess I don't know who wouldn't.

Have I ever spanked Dude, or popped him in the mouth or yelled back at him or said something I wish I hadn't? Never - gosh I am super parent (that is a lie) Of course I have. Do I regret it when I don't have the answer to problem 3,284,998 of the day? (pft) ...yes. I'm the Mom, I'm supposed to be all knowing all seeing, all solving. And some days I am - and then there are days like you are having with Princess Glitter shorts - and you feel like you are no knowing, blind and dissolving. Those are days when I want to crawl in basket b and just have Dorothy snap the lid closed and take me to Oz.

-and we all know what happened to Dorothy huh? (wicked witch, twister - had to play with lions and talked to scare crows - pretty scary no matter who you are if you ask me) and flying monkeys? Yeah them too!

If it's any consolation one of the BIGGEST problems I have/had and still have with Dude is changing the room around. Not because I care how he arranges it - but because it NEVER gets done in "my time" and that makes me crazy - I too tear my house apart and rearranged my entire place when I had tons of stress in my life - but now I don't. I was FAMOUS for rearranging my house. I'd get a guest? BLAM - that night I'd move the furniture. No good explanation - just made me feel better and made things feel new and clean and organized. So I kinda get the "I moved my room and it was too big of a project for me." thing. I totally believe it's stress related. When I am stressed? I clean like a tornado - but not one that sets me on a witch and has munchkins dancing and singing.

YOU are an AWESOME MOM - You probably know that - just don't know if I ever told you - so now I told you.

Hugs for you both -
oh and if you figure out what is wrong with you will you tell the rest of us so we ALL know? lol

Star