Well, I made it...

greenrene

My goal for this past summer has been to survive difficult child under my roof until she left for her new boarding school, a special school for kids with ADHD, spectrum disorders, dyslexia, and other learning issues.

We had a few issues, including a couple of recent massive temper tantrums over trivial things, but as of a couple of days ago, she is out of my home again.

I've been feeling the tension quite literally gush out of my system since we left her at school the other day.

We've set her up for success as best we know how. Now it's up to her. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Scent of Cedar *

Oh boy, I'm happy to know you found an appropriate placement for her and that she is safely at home there.

Good job!

How are you, greenrene?

:0)

Cedar

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Happy to hear from you. And, I'm glad you are once again back in the difficult child-free zone. Do something extra special for yourself simply for getting through all of it...........now take care of YOU. Good to 'see' you.

greenrene

I really, really, really hope this works out, because as far as I know there is no Plan B. I was very impressed with the school when I was there. She is definitely not the only kid with issues there. She is getting along well so far with her roommate, she's made a few friends, and her mentor has emailed saying that her first few days have gone well. There is open communication with everyone involved at school, and I am in the loop (which I wasn't with her old school - I wasn't in a position to be).

There are definite advantages to this school, although I still think she should be at her old one... she needs much more of the therapeutic side of things like she had at her old one. However, this school is just under 2 hours away from home, while her previous school was clear on the opposite side of the country.

I am decompressing more and more by the day - I had a lot of built up tension from difficult child being here, especially because my lovely husband has chosen to be absent from our home life quite a bit, leaving me to deal with all 4 kids by myself most of the time.

I am still seeing my wonderful therapist weekly, and he has been an indispensable help in keeping me grounded and sane. Now that difficult child is gone and I have reached the goal of surviving her time at home, it's time to refocus on my life and goals.