Well it appears we are being shunned by the club.

rejectedmom

husband and I emailed two different commitee people earlier this week about volunteering for an event this weekend and have not heard back from either of them. I also made a telephone call on wed to yet another member which has not been returned. AHhh well, it is their loss because we are amazing people. I talked to husband this morning and he wants to continue to attend meetings but I have decided I am not going to. He can go alone if he wants but I doubt he will do that for long. So I'm gonna be looking for another organization that has folks around my age but is still young at heart. Know what is funny husband told me this morning that he actually holds the same opinion that I do. Evidently he changed his mind years ago but never told me. Like I said in another post, I tend to avoid hot topics of conversation so never talked about it with husband for many years. LOL -RM

dstc_99

Their loss. I hope you find something that works for both of you so it can be family fun instead of seperate.

JJJ

Probably better you discovered their narrowminedness now instead of after it had become a part of your daily lives.

Nancy

What a shame they can't tolerate different views. I tend to have some fairly strong views on some things also and have to be very careful what I say. New Years Eve I had three drinks, one too many fo rme but it was over several hours and I thought I could keep my opinions to myself. NOT! At least one neighbor couple had quite the opposite view and I had to check my other neighbor friend to make sure I didn't say anything I had to apologize for. Fortunatey she said no.

I'm sure you will find another group that appreciates your unselfish help.

muttmeister

Just thank your lucky stars that you found out what kind of small-minded, petty people they are before you had a lot of time and effort invested in them.

TerryJ2

Good riddance. I know you will find something else to do, together.
And considering the weather, and that you are mid-Atlantic, you may not have a choice.
I'd rent a movie and buy some popcorn. :)