Well, it happened . . .

toughlovin

Kathy - Hugs.... dont beat yourself up for being played.... I think we all are too often... and I think that sometimes they are initially sincere but then decide to have one last blast or whatever. Remember that tent and sleeping bag I bought my son last fall when he was homeless... well he "left" it in CA because it was too much to bring on the plane. The total disregard for things we get him just bugs me.... and of course he may very well have sold them.

Anway this is what I have come to.... all we can do is let them know we love them. We do that however we can, and if it is showing concern for them needing gas or buying them cigarettes while in tx, it is all we can do. No we dont want to enable them and so we have to think carefully about what we do... but in the end your buying her gas was a gesture of your love for her.

I keep thinking about what my friends in CA said to me and that is "sometimes it is just about trying to help them stay alive".

So that is where I am at, letting my son know I love him and being relieved he is still alive.

I hope your daughter is getting to the point of going back to treatment, it does sound like she is close. I would continue to help her do the next right thing....but in the process dont give her any money... so yes find the gas card, the grocery card or whatever.... and only do what makes you feel good to do.

Hugs,

*TL

Nancy

Wow Kathy it never ceases to make me the lengths they go to on us. If I had a nickel for every time I said to myself what a fool I was I would have a great deal of money. We want so badly to believe them.