Well, its finally his day in court

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
Friendly Reminder:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

Lil

Yeah...actually we picked him up. :oops: In our defense, it was on the way.

But no, I hope this is it Alb. But I don't actually think this will be the wake up call.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

Jabberwockey

I think that there are a couple of good things about today. One is that he got himself there and showed up for his appearance. At least he cares that much; at least he has SOME interest and SOME hope. That is something.

Thanks but not so much. We picked him up and took him there. I'd like to hope he would have done it on his own but I just dont know.

Albatross

I'd like to hope he would have done it on his own but I just dont know.

But I don't actually think this will be the wake up call.

We never know, do we? He might have gone. Or he might have bailed, like my Difficult Child.

The only way to find out is to let him do or not do and bear the consequences...and I don't know whether that is a good thing to do or not.

Yesterday I would have said doing that had a bad outcome for Difficult Child.

Today I would say it was the best thing to do for him.

Tomorrow, who knows?

Difficult Child texted us today. He skipped out on his mandatory drug court appearance and is facing the consequences of that.

He is OK. He is several states away.

He contacted attorney on his own and is hoping to work something out. He got a job and sent $100 of his 1st paycheck to attorney and asked me to send his tax refund to attorney when I get it.

Attorney is hopeful that since this is a first offense, having a job is a positive step that will mean he can just pay a fine and will not have to return.

I am not buying in and I am not buying out.

But hey...he cared enough to call the attorney on his own, he got a job on his own, he actually sent the $..so that's something...for today.

We just never know. All we can do is as much (or as little) as we can live with, and let them figure it out from there.

Last edited:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Lil & Jabber, well you got through it. I know how emotionally draining that had to be. Hopefully he will try and find a job.
What have you two done for just you two lately?? I hope you are taking some time away from the chaos.
Hugs to you both.

Lil

Who has time? LOL! Between work and church (where we also work) we're booked solid. We're just enjoying the calm after the storm...and before the next one.

WearyMom18

I learned that non Difficult Child parents / family members don't have a clue. If you haven't walked a mile in my moccasins you don't know what you're talking about.
Well said DoneDad, I am experiencing this right now with friends and family - such harsh judgement about 'kicking my daughter out' when they have no clue what it's like.

stressedmama

Lil and Jabber - I'm so sorry you're going through this. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. And I agree with you...enjoy the calm after the storm...and before the next one. Hugs!