Well...looks like I'm going to be a Grandma

Abbey

Spork Queen
Let me get this straight. 44 year old woman...sometimes druggy...is dating your 23 year old ex-con, (lets hope) ex druggy son?

Good lord! People will think the mother is the grandmother!

I think they are both using. J even told me his 'girlfriend' was. That's why they got in the big fight where he left...then came back a week later. They were both messed up and things got out of control.

Personally, being pregnant at 44 scares the heck out of me. I'm 46 and have felt the aches and pains of aging for a few years now.

My best friend had a baby at 40 two years ago. She is absolutely adorable, but so exhausting!!! I don't have the energy for a young child anymore. Oh...and I'm babysitting her this afternoon. :smile:

I hope J and girlfriend turn their lives around because of this.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Naughty Abby - hey Grannnnnpaaaaaa. ROFLMAO

Ahhhh well, this will be your first grandchild right?

Lot's of firsts here -

So let me be one of the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I don't care how a baby gets here - it's no less a miracle.

Hugs
Star

LMAO at the moment. Someone 44 years old without a job would be aware that she could qualify for some assistance- not only medidcal bills, but welfare, food stamps, etc...She will even get free housing.

Let them deal with it for now. If husband starts forking over money now,it'll never end.-Alyssa

Abbey

Spork Queen
Let them deal with it for now. If husband starts forking over money now,it'll never end.-Alyssa

Yep...then husband and I will have a meeting of the minds/will. I won't stand for it.

You know what? (I'm in a wicked mood right now...bare with me) I'll tell husband he can pay for this if he figures out how to pay for our 3 years of back taxes. This, by the way, comes from him thinking he could buy a tax program and do it himself instead of paying $130/year for our accountant of many years. :grrr:

I'm old school and this kind of behavior doesn't set well with me.

Abbey

DDD

Abbey, I don't mean to sound like I am a psychic or ??? but my
gut tells me this is bogus. Don't let it keep you up at night.
It may just be a users game. Time will tell, my friend. DDD

everywoman

Janet :rofl:

Fran :wink: You know that all the young guys these days are looking for cougars!!!

Sorry---I couldn't read the rest of the posts for laughing so hard. husband is down the hall asleep and I'm afraid I'm going to wake he and the dogs if I don't stop laughing.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Guess he called husband Sat. night but he was working and couldn't take the call. Still no news. I agree...I smell a rat. :crazy:

Abbey

Abbey, I remember how disappointed I was when our daughter was pregnant with our first grandchild.

If this woman is pregnant, whoever she is and however that baby got his or her start, you will come to love it more than you could ever imagine.

I wish I had known, back when everything looked so impossibly bleak, that my grandchildren would bring us such happiness, and would become such wonderful people. Our oldest grandchild will be fifteen this Winter. With all the cards stacked against her from the start, she is a straight A student in a school for gifted children. She is physically beautiful and spiritually developed well beyond her years.

Our daughter's situation was no better with her second pregnancy.

That child is eight now.

Same thing.

Gifted intellectually, physically strikingly attractive, incredibly spiritually developed.

Different fathers, abusive relationships, chaotic home life ~one or both girls have lived with us more than once ~ but they are truly the most incredible, and incredibly kind, people.

So if this pregnancy is real, Abbey?

Don't lose heart.

Star is right.

However our babies got their starts in the world, they bless the lives of those who love them.

I just always wish I had known that, back when I was so horrified at the pregnancies.

Barbara

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thank you all for your kind words. Just waiting for the 'grandma' feeling to set in. It worries the heck out of me. I can't imagine J loving and taking care of anyone else but himself, which is weak. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

Abbey