Well, Pooh!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Darrin had easy child notify me that next tues is grandparents day for the kindergardeners and ask me to please come.....even though the lil guy knows I have school.

Unfortunately tues are one of our clinical lab days. And to make it worse.....columbus day has us needing to make up a day of work so instructor was planning on it being that tues.:(

The event is scheduled from 2:30 - 3:30 or there bouts. Of course right in the heart of my school hours that day. Darn it.

I am of course not Darrin's only grandmother.......but he wouldn't even think of asking sister in law's mom....and it would be doubtful she'd bother to show up if he did. She's just like that. But Darrin and I are exceptionally close...due to the fact I spent the first 3 yrs with him everyday while easy child went to school and work.......

I will break my lil man's heart if I don't come. I'm not sure if I have it in me to do that. Family is the ultimate to me. I can't tolerate the thought of him sitting there knowing I won't be there while the other little ones have their grandparents there.

Ok, sure, husband isn't working and could go.......but husband and Darrin are not close and barely tolerate each other.......although their relationship is improving. To Darrin it would not be the same....he would still be heartbroken.

Seems silly when I made myself go to class everyday I was so darned sick.....yet find myself trying to figure out how to get to this event for him.:faint:

So I'm hoping tues does wind up being our make up day for columbus day. Missing class....I can get notes from another student....and what we're working on isn't that hard at the moment. Can also only miss a half day....in the afternoon. Which would be nutrition and that class is easy.

But if we go ahead with clinical lab.....I really don't want to miss on those days, that's when we practice critical skills......

I'm the only grandparent out of 8 or more (counting in steps and greats) Darrin is honestly close to.......I just can't let him down.

I know it would seem silly to most. But due to my own grandma's role in my life.....I take my own role of grandmother much more seriously than many.

I never thought I'd be hoping for classes. lol

flutterby

Fly away!
Oh, Lisa, you have to go.

I remember when my kids had parent's day and grandparent's day. My kids were sooooo excited. They grabbed my hand and took me around the room and showed me their desk, and whatever artwork they had hanging up, and where everything was.

You have to go.

Do you have a sympathetic teacher who maybe, possibly has grandchildren, whom you could convince to make Tues a makeup class?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm thinking of fibbing up a doctor appointment.......Not sure if she'd go for I want to go to grandparents day. lol

busywend

JUST GO! You will never get the chance to go to Kindergarden Grandparents Day with him ever again. You can always make up classes.