Well, Shut My Mouth Wide Open!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I guess Mom doesn't know what she's talking about after all!

I have posted about difficult child laying around and the sofa and looking for suggestions as to what to do with her. There's been some talk of difficult child getting a job - but she's made no calls nor filled out any applications.

husband and I told her that if she wants a job to earn some spending money - she's gonna have to get up off her duff and go look for one. After all - nobody's gonna be stopping by the sofa with a job offer!

Well - we were wrong!

difficult child got a call out of the blue - her old boss from the job she had for a few weeks last summer (a job that didn't really work out) called to offer her a job!

?????

Yep. Seems a few people quit without any notice and the boss was desperate for somebody who could jump right in without being trained.

So how do you like that? Lay around....do nothing....get a job anyway...

:fantasysmiley:

Only a difficult child!

But in the meantime -

Mom and Dad are HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!
:hi5: :hapydancsmil::wootsmiley:

InsaneCdn

Well... she's still gotta actually WORK, and if she get's that far, it's definitely progress.
And yes, sometimes real life does happen that way. Not often, can't bank on it, but...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
LMAO! I really hate it when that happens! But so glad she'll have something to do with her free time.

Oh I know, right? Where's that whole: you gotta work toward what you want....be a go-getter...pull yourself up by the bootstraps...thing?

sigh!

buddy

Man, the universe really pulled one on us, HUH? I just find that amazing. Still, it is true, if she does not do the work, she will be out too...and doesn't sound like the most glamorous job if so many are quitting, smile...so hopefully there is a motive to the cosmic ruler's plan!

lmao...

she has some luck, thats for sure. i think it would be a perfect subject for chapter 6 in the bestseller you must be writing...."How to get a job from your couch".

maybe if you let her edit a few pages of that masterpiece she actually wouldnt have to LEAVE that couch (surely, nor would she realize it was the story of her life).

::ppassing a box of clearance chocolates to you::.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Dare I even ask why it didn't work out last time?

You know...I'm not really sure. I got the "difficult child version" - if you will.

All I know is she was getting really aggravated at her boss and her co-workers....she had a bunch of complaints about the schedule - and then that was it. She wasn't scheduled any more - -though she denied quitting and denied getting fired. She just "wasn't scheduled". So last time she worked there was early September. (And no - this wasn't a seasonal job.)

InsaneCdn

Obviously couldn't have been a major "fired for cause" situation, or they wouldn't have called her back...
<I don't like mystery>

H

HaoZi

I have worked at jobs where people have been "scheduled out/off" so it's not entirely out of the question, but I'd still bet you're right that more was said than she's saying. Oh well, we'll be happy for however long it lasts, right?

B

Bunny

Don't you hate when that happens? Here you are telling her that she has to get off her duff and try to find a job, and a job comes calling to her while she's sitting on the couch! I hope that it works out for her, though. It would be nice if this could be a learning experience for her,