Well, silly me.

I knew that this week was too good to be true.

Today is the last day of Tink's Spring break. I had been dreading it, especially considering how she had been acting lately, but then it arrived, and it could not have gone better if I planned it out months ago.

She spent 4 days with her dad. They really had a good time. She was back with me for a couple days. I went way WAY out of my comfort zone and brought her to the park and the mall. Then we went out to see her bestest buddy so she could spend the night there. She came home yesterday. Today she spent a good 4 hours with her sister. In between all her socializing, we managed to get her book report done.

So after she got back from her outing with "Sissy" today, she and I watched a movie, then I told her it is time to go over her sight words and read her "baggie book" (a small, about 12 page book that they send home for her in a baggie to help her with words that she is struggling with).

She does her sight words, but only for unit 5. She refuses to do unit 6, even though I have the paper right there in my hot little hands. (these are words she should know by sight, without having to sound them out. She is at least 2 units behind the class) She insists that tey are not "there" yet and she does not have to read them. Well, what am I going to do, make her? Whatever. OK, time to read the baggie book. This time, she flat out refuses. "It's too hard." OK, I tell her, I will just leave a note for the teacher that she refused to do the homework. She asks if I am going to send her to her room. I tell her no. She starts egging me on. "can't catch me!" I walk out onto the patio. She slams the door and tries to lock it. OK, I walk back in again. So I come in my room.

I sit down at the computer. Now the dawn hits her. She walks in and asks if she lost her computer time for the day. I tell her yes. She throws herself on the floor and begs me to get off the computer because I am making her jealous.

I mean, I really have to stifle a laugh.

I carry her into the hall and lock her out. I have no idea what she has done out there, but it was LOUD. She is currently leaning on the outside of me door telling me that she is sorry. But she does not know what she is sorry for.

Ugh.:angry-very:

klmno

Sorry you are going through the "wind me down" period---

BUT,

Can I come live with you??

Didn't think it would hurt to ask...

Wiped Out

Staff member
Have to laugh at the making her jealous. That is just like my difficult child. If he can't have something he doesn't want anyone else to have it either.

The wind down period really does stink. Hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(takes notes)

Next time a woman pulls up on a donkey - I shall throw myself to the ground and yell it's unfair. - Maybe I will get him no a technicality!

Hugs for that whole deal -

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
K asked me yesterday why I got to be on the Computer??? Got mad at me when I told her "no she could not play on it" little did I tell her I was searching for stinking therapist's for her in Tucson... ungrateful little...
She said something similar, "Why do you get to play on it?" Huh Huh!!!
Yeah she is winding down!!! back to school... I don't even push homework on days like that!!! You are a braver woman than me!!!