Well, so Much for a "Fresh Start:....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
difficult child got to take a turn on the computer today...

where she messaged some guys (yes, plural) to lie about their ages in order to come over and see her...

And told one of them that she would have to "look through her Mom's stuff".

Our keylogger only records difficult child's half of the messaging--so no idea what he asked her to get that she had to find in 'my stuff'...but they had been talking about thongs.

:mad:

O everything's just grand...

Don't ya just love a "fresh start" ????

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
DF, kt has recently (early March) had a fresh start. Hmmmm, no cell phone, no internet access unless an adult is sitting at her side (i.e. very little internet); we have a much calmer, more in control kt. She told me the other day that while she fought my little electronics shut down she's a lot less anxious & happier.

Fresh start for kt has been working side by side with me in the garden; weekly therapy where she actually does the work versus a con job to therapist; help plan & cook meals; setting up her medications (with supervision) & being responsible for taking them. Getting herself off to school & staying there .

She & I work together in the same room on our different projects (art, piano, etc.). This has taken me years (& goodness knows how many hospitalizations, medications, Residential Treatment Center (RTC) stays, interventions, crisis team visits, etc), DF, however the last 5 months kt has shown much growth & maturity. After 10 long years it's starting to make sense to kt that what she was doing wasn't good.

I'm sending positive vibes that your difficult child learns this quickly.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ugh -- I'm so sorry! I agree with SW, I don't think she's ready to have some of those privileges back.

(((Hugs)))

Andy

I am so sorry - I know that no matter how angry you are at this moment that you are also very much afraid for difficult child's safety and future. I went through similar computer problems with Diva when she was 15 - the things I found on her computer were aweful and scary. Why can our girls not realize that this stuff is a dead end route and can become dangerous?

KTMom91

I'm sorry, DF. Went through similar things with Miss KT; confiscated her cell phone every night, monitored computer usage, etc. They can be so oblivious to the dangers they set themselves up for.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Ugh -- I'm so sorry! I agree with SW, I don't think she's ready to have some of those privileges back.

(((Hugs)))

I didn't think she was ready either....and of course, I was right.

but on the other hand--it does give us a "spy hole" into her world and what she has been up to. I just wish I didn't always have to play "spy-vs-spy"....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
i'd print it allllllll out and give it to her nutty therapist. for her files.

seeing as how she was "cured" and all....;)

O yes, husband and I are trying to come up with an email that shows doctor exactly how well the "fresh start" idea went...

and within hours, no less!