Well, the shoe has dropped....

RobinLaurain

Rejoice in your son as well for keep hope alive that he will get on the right track. Try to focus on the good things he has done in his life. The time he did something nice for someone, a strength he has, anything positive. I often ask myself-"How did I create such a troubled person?" I then have to remind myself that his life is not over yet. He has assaulted me, stolen from me, committed arson, has broken the bones of his sister and friend, but I try to think positive. I remember the time I was walking across the street and I didn't see a car coming and he grabbed me and pulled me back. He said, "Mom, you have to watch your self." "What would I do without you?" Once, he was standing in the line at the Tastee Freeze and he asked if we could by this elderly gentleman an ice cream cone out of the clear blue sky. They tell me he is going to be having anti-social personality disorder. I refuse to give up the hope it won't happen. I won't allow him to hurt me or his sister, but I am proud of him for the good things he has done in his life. I advocate for him to be treated humanely why he is in prison and get what little services that they offer. I also let him know that fighting with the staff and other people incarcerated
is not appropriate. He has excuses for his behavior--of course. He tries to manipulate me into things even from his segregation cell. I just remember he has conduct disorder. I also remember
that prison guards can also be vile. The truth is somewhere in the middle. I worked in a prison--I know what goes on. I also know my son. He has to account for what he did and right now, he is where he needs to be. As painful as it is, all of my children have been in jail or prison. They all have wonderful qualities.
I just ask God to keep him safe and to keep the people safe that care for him. I find myself crying at times, but then I think about a mother in Sudan having to watch her child starve to death and it seems to bring things back into perspective. I have been inert the past few days. I know I need to snap out of it since my family depends on me. Please pray for me as I will pray for all of you at this site. God Bless you all!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Robin, thank you for your kind words. My son does have some wonderful qualities and he has never been violent with me. He is a very engaging young man and it was the manager where he works that called us saying he had not been in for work and that was very unusual. She was saying he had been an immense help to her at his workplace.

If he could just learn the lesson that alcohol affects his thinking. I also have a feeling that there are some other people involved with his arrest. He has fathered two children with a woman who put him in jail and filed a restraining order against him two years ago. I know he wants to see these children and hinted he was going to last week. I tried to caution him against this, but he seemed to think the restraining order had expired. It may have, but this woman's parents would do anything to have him arrested. So if my son was drinking I wouldn't put it past them to have reported it to his parole officer. Yeah, I know his drinking is wrong, but do think these people are adamant that my son stay in jail forever.... Sad, but this is the woman he chose and she lives with her mother and her three children. We have no contact with the kids as I think her family is nuts and don't want anything we do to contribute to getting son in more trouble. He can do that on his own....

Sorry didn't mean to go on, I really replied to find out YOUR story. I believe you are a new member and wondered if I missed what was going on with you? Please feel free to start a new post if and when you are ready.....</span>

:salute: