Well today hit a whole new level

P

PatriotsGirl

This was the boyfriend that was arrested for drug trafficking. Not sure if he is still in there. While I was in Chicago, difficult child called me from a number that I had not seen before and told me she has a new phone that she is paying for (HOW???) and not to give the number out. She tried telling me she needed the title to the car to change insurance. I said no you do not. I cannot believe the lies she tries to sell me and honestly expects me to believe them! Then she admits she wanted to go to Title Pawn and would get her title back in two days. I said oh heck no, that is why you do not and will not have the title. Sheesh. Like I don't know that she was going to try to bail that jerk out. Nope. Not using the car I gave her she won't. Of course, I have not heard from her since but looking at her phone records, she is not sleeping, so I have to assume she is using again.

I need to call the detective back today. He wants me to view the video and identify them. My husband is annoyed that they are involving me in this at all. I just want her to get arrested so maybe she can finally be forced to get help.

As for the pain, I am pretty convinced it is/was diverticulitis. The symptoms matched to a T. I had some antibiotics leftover from an ear infection and have been taking them for four days while I was away. It feels a LOT better than it did, but I only had four days worth and not sure they were the right type to use, so I am about to jump in the shower and head to the doctor for confirmation. I do NOT want that coming back again!!

Nancy

PG I hope you get the medications to help your pain, it does sound like diverticulitis. I wish they wouldn't involve you in this either. It's hard enough to know our difficult child is breaking the law and is being hunted but it's another to be expected to hand her over to them. You have been through so much with difficult child and I wish it would stop for you.

Nancy

Last edited:
T

toughlovin

I agree it is really hard to be put in the middle between your child and the law. The police showed up here yesterday looking for difficult child because there is now a warrant for him for violation of probation. Lucky for me i wasnt here. And of course we told himhe was not here and was out of state.....but i can easily imagine him coming back and being put in the position of telling the police where he is...and i wnt protect him at this point but yeah i would rather be left out of it.

Hugs PG....i hope she gets picked up soon.

TL

Patriot Girl: please be careful with partial courses of self prescribed antibiotics; this can do more harm than good in some cases. Your health is worth a doctor visit if there's any way to get the money for it; especially with all the stress you are under :)

P

PatriotsGirl

Confirmed - diverticulitis. Got the right medications now and good to know I am not crazy. Though they sure thought I was when I walked in there and told the doctor what I had. He laughed at me. Imagine his chagrine when I was right on...lol. I should have gone into the medical field... :)

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I know you probably know this already, but stress makes diverticulitis worse. Be careful what you eat for the next couple of days :)

Marcie

P

PatriotsGirl

I know you probably know this already, but stress makes diverticulitis worse. Be careful what you eat for the next couple of days :)

Marcie

Oh yeah and my life is nothing but constant stress.. though now I have the ultimate excuse to take care of myself. I do NOT want this to come back!!! The antibiotics I was taking calmed it down and then he re-aggravated it by pressing down on it - OUCH!!!! I know he had to, but I wanted to punch him in the face when he did that. Then he tells me not to take anything for pain so we don't risk any bleeding. Ugh. Looks like me and my heating pad are going to be VERY good friends this weekend...lol.

P

PatriotsGirl

Hee, hee, hee, hee. Just found the information on the boyfriends arrest....trafficking meth and being held without bond pending superior court hearing. I am loving life today. difficult child just called wanting her title again. I refused. What is she going to do? Call the police? LOL. Please do!!! :)

buddy

Glad he's off the streets! My mom finally had to have surgery after many diverticulitis bouts ....lots of scar tissue had built up too. She was and is able to take pain medications as long as they are not anti-inflammatories. Will they consider alternative pain medications short term for you. I've seen how miserable she is. Gosh I hate to think of you suffering like that. Get well soon!

susiestar

Roll With It
Buddy, it is highly unlikely that they will let her have pain medications. NOT because the addiction risk, but because opiates cause constipation which is exactly what she does NOT need. It is painful, but adding pain medications is a very risky thing at this point in her treatment.

PG, they might let you have either muscle relaxers (skelaxin, flexeril, tizanidine etc...) or donnatol. Donnatol helps stop spasming and is 4 diff medications in one pill. I have awful IBS and it is a lifesaver when it acts up. I know you can't get the doctor today, but if the pain gets bad you need to go to the ER or Urgent Care. You might ask them if either of the medications I suggested could help.

I am glad that guy got arrested and is held with-o bond. That means even if she does get enough $$, he still cannot get out!! As for the title, if you haven't legally changed it over then you can keep it because YOU still own it. BUT if the title is in her name then she may be able to cause legal problems for you. Just fyi. I problem would hold it too.

P

PatriotsGirl

Ah the title is in her name and she had asked me to hold on to it. Since I gave her the car, I thought that would be a good idea. She is currently wanted for questioning involving grand theft auto, so she is definitely not going to involve the police. :) guarantee that is why she wants to dump the car and get another one. She knows they are looking for her in a silver Camry. She would know by now that there is no bond for him. So that can't be why...

The pain hadn't been bad enough to be honest. I curl up with a heating pad and it helps. But after being on the right medications and the added fiber, I can definitely tell that it is getting better. :) I can cope. :)

Thanks all! You think it would be bad if I sent the arresting officer a thank you card?? LOL