Well, well, well..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You might want to change your mailing address if you don't want your family knowing your business.

I received a summons for M to appear in court today, common pleas. Seems he's not so squeaky clean after all. Tempted to open it, but won't. No skin off my nose if he sits in jail.

Doubtful it's an unpaid bill. They have welfare paying medication bills and haven't been here long enough to have anything else be old enough to go to court. Trust me, when you're poor you know about how long that takes. (forever)

I find this interesting as I suspected M's sudden interest had nothing to do with Katie "putting a foot up his rear" but instead had something to do with the law. It wouldn't be the first time.

I just mailed her that it arrived. Told her I'd get it to her when I can. No rush on MY part. If you want your mail when you should get it don't have it being sent to MY house. She's lucky I don't toss it in the trash with the rest of the junk that shows up here for them. I've told her repeatedly to change her address, they do not, nor will they ever, live here.

At first I thought it katie's bad checks to cash land catching up to her, but it's in his name, not hers. FYI.....cashland has been informed she's back in the area should they wish to pursue charges again. A wee lil birdie told them.

Can't wait to hear her lame excuse for this one. :rolleyes:

elizabrary

Lisa- did you look him up online? Most of the counties in my state have their records online, since it's public information. You could check him out that way. I'm not sure I would have the willpower NOT to open that one! Very interesting- keep us posted!

DammitJanet

Common pleas...is that small claims court or district court which is where misdemeanors are tried? Civil vs criminal? tell me its criminal because civil is just a waste of time really. No debtors prison.

DammitJanet

Oh...and I open all mail that comes to my house...lol. I just hate that it happens. I just open stuff because I dont look to see who its for before I open it...I assume its for me or Tony, after all, its MY house...lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Star.

Well, Katie gave me permission to open it up in case it was a court date. Seems Moron Man couldn't answer whether he'd done something wrong or not. (really??)

Jury duty, darn it.

Now why do they send that all official like for something like jury duty? I let them stew a bit, then told her what it was. She said M was white as a ghost waiting to see what it was. Told her at least she got a "gotcha moment" out of it.

I forgot M had registered to vote to establish a mailing address, which is why it hadn't even occurred to me that could be what it was.

Oh well.

Then she said he offered to come help me with yard work since husband had his heart attack and Travis can't see to do it. Uh, no thanks. That man is not coming near my stockpile.....or my home again if I can help it. If he was stupid enough to enter the backyard, Rowdy would literally hop his 6 foot kennel fence to go after him. Travis is pulling weeds instead of weed whacking them, better as the seeds don't get spread around anyway. If it's too much for Travis there is the neighborhood boy who's Mom is having real troubles making ends meet who can come and help. I'd be glad to scrounge up some money to pay the boy.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I agree with "not at this address" all over them.

We got a certified letter for BIO at our home a couple years back... From the DR court. SCUUUZE ME? She NEVER lived at our address. I told the postman it wasn't ours, short explanation, he laughed and marked it "not at this address". We then got online to Courtview. Some moron had swapped our addresses. because they sent us one, too. To HER MOTHER'S. 2 days later? Signature confirmation signed for by BIO. But - it was a motion for contempt because husband had not finished the parenting class. So we had the lawyer send in our certificates (mine too - I was not required but figured it couldn't hurt)... While bio scrambled to take the class...

Seriously though... On USPS.com there is a change of address form. Get Katie to fill it out...

DammitJanet

Lisa...M cant do Jury duty but they must be getting pretty short for Jury members because Cory just got a summons for it too! I have to send the form back into the court marking it that he has a felony record so he cant serve on a jury. But I am really curious, if you have a felony, you cant vote so Cory doesnt have a voters registration card...and he doesnt have a drivers license....so where in the heck did they pull him from??? Just released probationers???? LOL.

I have had an active voters registration card since I became a resident of this state and I have a DL...never been called for Jury Duty but two weeks after getting off probation Cory gets called??? Odd!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I have no clue Janet. I liked to have fell over when they gave him a voters registration card. Don't they even bother to check anymore??

donna723

I'm not sure about serving on a a jury but in some places (like here!), some convicted felons can and do vote, and a few that are incarcerated can still vote while they're in prison! It's very complicated but it has to do with the time period when they were convicted, their original charge, and their place of residence before they were convicted.

susiestar

Roll With It
Strange. I didn't think anyone iwth a felony record could vote. I know it is true in my state because gfgbro had to have his records expunged in order to register to vote again.

I find the idea of M on a jury to be a very disturbing thing. With his behavior/social skills/wanting to brag on what a big man he is, I don't think most atty's would choose him for a jury. Esp if he still looks emaciated.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - I've been called for jury duty twice.

2004 - was a OVI case. I objected because I had been witness to a DUI vehicular homicide in 1996. I didn't think I could be objective.
2006 - not sure, as I was to be in Difficult Child when they needed me. Sent that back with a copy of the Delta itinerary...

DammitJanet

Well...looking on there...it does appear that Cory CAN vote and serve on jury duty...I guess I need to go get on probation so they can dismiss it so I can get on jury duty. I couldnt figure out exactly what log they got his name from but obviously it was recently released probationers.