Well we're getting a puppy!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Not until around the first week of November, But I am so excited! We have spent about the last 6 months researching. We wanted a rescue pup, but we could never find an actual puppy! Always 6months plus. With N's issues we need a new puppy. So we realised after looking daily in petfinder, the newspaper and online that we were going to have to buy a dog.

We went through all of the ones we wanted/didn't want.
We made our list of wants and needs...

It came down to: Newfoundland and Chesapeake...

So I just put a deposit on an upcoming litter of Chesepeakes!!! The last litter was beautiful... they are such awesome dogs.
I have wanted a dog for so long. We used to breed and raise Rotties and then Mastiffs. We are on the water, so this will be wonderful.
I can't wait :smile:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yes they are beautiful!!! I am like a little kid...

http://www.brushwaters.com/index.htm

Just have a look at one of the pups... I have wanted a Chessie for so long and so has husband.... I used to hunt and bird hunt. but I don't think I will teach it to go all out. But I will definately teach it to retrieve. It is in their blood...and swimming!!!

Sorry I am so excited. I have been so patient, waiting... yippee!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Totoro, they are beautiful puppies. Congratulations.
I know I have been a nut for my new family members. You would think I gave birth when I picked them up on Tuesday.
I waited 3 yrs from Buster's death with no real intention of getting any more responsibilities but my friend got a puppy that just grabbed my heart. I knew it was time.

I had been looking at my two on line for a long time so I visited these guys in foster care. I would go down every 5 days or so and walk them on leashes and give them rawhide to chew. I didn't want them to be aggressive. I researched the breed and tried to do right by them. They are brother and sister and about 2yrs old.
They were named Cowboy and HoneySue. How could you not love someone named HoneySue?

So I know what excitement you are feeling. I can't wait to move to our new home with our new doggie kids.
difficult child and easy child call them "the kids" too. husband will be home tonight to meet his new children. LOL

Congrats. I can't wait to see photo's of your pup when it's born.