Well who packed me and moved me to Hooverville?

graceupongrace

I'm so sorry that K is going through this. I'm sure it's painful to watch.

It's frustrating when our difficult children miss out on fun things, and milestones, and opportunities that are open to pcs. I wish I had some great advice, but our challenges are a little different. I do know how wrenching the whole thing with medication trial-and-error can be. been there done that over and over. :faint:

Sending many gentle hugs your way.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
toto, I hope I'm not repeating myself - eyes aren't working that well to read all the replies. Having said that, I remember the ages of 6 -10 with kt & wm. They were the worst years of our lives.

The tweedles just couldn't speak for themselves, no impulse or social skills - husband & I were quickly loosing our minds. Once the tweedles hit 12 or 13 there was a level of maturity & they started speaking for themselves (not much I'm proud of but they are able to describe what's going on in their minds & bodies).

I know this doesn't help now & the tweedles aren't something you want your little ones to emulate - just sharing there will be a time when your difficult children will become more self aware & be able to help themselves.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I'd take Hooterville right now! Or Whoville. LOL

Actually we had a long talk last night and I "spoke" for her teacher, (with pre-approval) she has been very upset about these AR tests, she is having a horrible time reading yet loves to read.
I told her that she could read the books that N is bringing home and we could then go early in the morning to the library and take the tests. They are usually still around 3rd grade level, but I had to prove this to her. She didn't want any baby books.
These tests are something she really wants to take and they make her feel good, plus she gets little prizes, the points have been adjusted for her.

We went and took one this morning, it was quiet and she did perfect! She started getting elevated when the computer took too long to boot up, but I moved her 2x and told her we would get through it.
I am going to try and do this a couple of times a week for her.
She was very happy afterwards.
:)
baby steps

DammitJanet

toto...I really feel for you. I can remember all the things my kids missed over the years because of various problems. It hurt and ticked me off. I think one of the things that always hurt me the most was those bumper stickers you see on the back of cars "Proud Parent of a Terrific Kid". I never got one. Never. I could never figure out why or what the criteria was to be a "terrific kid". Even if my kids had problems I thought they were terrific to me. I was proud to be there parent even if they werent particulary terrific to the school system. Eventually I did find a bumper sticker that said "My kid can beat up your honor roll kid" LOL!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. Sending lots of hugs.

FWIW, all those kids trying to do tie dye shirts might have been more than she could handle. A family tie dye party might be more her speed. Or maybe Mommy and Princess tie dye.

You can get great items to tie dye at dharmatradingpost.com . great items and supplies and advice.

If you come out to OK I will take you to a place where a friend of mine has a shop to make and sell tie dyes. She goes to a lot of festivals, but also does parties.

We can have our OWN tie dye party in a place where nothing at all can be hurt by the dyes. NOTHING.

My friend would adore K. You would adore her, and vice versa. She even has cats to play with.

This does hoover. But the vice versas really can make a difference.