Went for IOP intake this afternoon

StressedM0mma

difficult child is more than willing to attend. I am somewhat surprised. She starts Thursday at 4. We have group family therapy from 5:30-6:45 every Thursday until she is finished with the program. It normally lasts 4-6 weeks, although they did say she may not be in it as long because she was already in the PHP. I hope things go well during this time.
I did find out today that she never had ANY individual counseling during PHP and she was supposed to at least 2x a week. Nice. So, we are going to family counseling the night her PHP "counselor" is not working. She cannot stand him. And, I am not all that happy with the fact that he didn't do his job. So hopefully we are on the right path.

T

TeDo

It's good she's willing to go. THAT is a huge hurdle but given how things have been since she did the PHP, it doesn't surprise me. Good luck.

buddy

geeze, check your bill and make sure there was no individual therapy charged... man oh man.

But great news difficult child was willing to go and she is wanting to move forward. How is easy child doing??

StressedM0mma

I seriously need to ask for an itemized bill for PHP treatment. difficult child is hoping that some of th eother kids from when she was in PHP will be there. Why is it our kids tend to flock towards each other? I am just happy we are not having to fight to get her there. And, she is talking while she is there. HUGE change from when she was just sitting there giving one word answers. I am really proud of her.
easy child is doing pretty good. She had her audition last Thursday, and she seems to think it went well. She said the interview portion was very well, and that the dean of the dept. LOVES her. easy child received a letter from the dean today with her personal number and email encouraging easy child to call or email to set up a day to come down and shadow a student! easy child's audition for her second choice school is on Feb 11th. She has been grouchy crabby lately, but nothing too bad. I think it is because she has not been able to spend any time with the boyfriend. She has been too busy with all of her rehearsals.
difficult child just came down and asked me if I would make her something to eat. This Abilify is killing her. She has been so hungry. I am trying hard to give her healthier stuff so she won't gain too much. It is just good that she was so skinny when we started.

StressedM0mma

Probably with my luck! :). Really I don't care if it is for a boy. If she is learning from it, and things are going smoothly (which they are) then that is fine. She will be so busy, she won't have time for anything else. She will have IOP Mon,Tues, and Thurs. from 4-7:15. Wed. she has riding lessons. That only leaves Friday. And she is usually so tired by the end of the week she passes out. Sat. she has riding all day, and Sun. she lies around in her pjs and does HW.

buddy

Awesome! We are booked like that too... It does help. Not overbooked but something every day really helps us.