Went to the movies with easy child 1 and his girlfriend

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Saw Jackass 3D. Don't ask...we're strange like that.

Wee started crying an hour before I left. Didn't want to be left home with husband. Stopped about 20 min before I Got home. This is insane.

husband got home and came in the house to find Wee standing, waiting for the bathroom while husband's dog is peeing on the kitchen floor. The dog is in heat, so it can't go out unattended (he won't get her spayed). So what does he do? Snaps at Wee "why don't you just stand there in the way and watch?". Which only makes it worse.

So we had a little come to Jesus meeting. Reiterated how Wee feels, and HE needs to be the one to put forth the effort to change it. SO, back inside, I tell Wee to tell dad why he is afraid to stay with him.

Wee says "because you are always mean to me and say not nice things?"

And husband's response? "Well, you don't always say nice things to me, either."

Jiminy crickets, old man, are you 42 or 2?????

I do not hold out hope that the outcome of the husband situation will be good. And I probably shouldn't have gone to the movie, but I did. It doesn't happen often.

H

HaoZi

You're nicer than I am, I would have smacked husband upside the head and made a vet appointment on the sly.

susiestar

Roll With It
Acting like that would have my husband at the vet for neutering. AND his dog! Or I would threaten to do it myself. With a rusty pocketknife.

I am sorry that you feel you have to apologize for taking a couple of hours away from Wee to enjoy something with your other children on a more adult level. Something is very wrong with that picture. in my opinion your husband needs to do some HUGE changing because the way he is now is hurting Wee. A LOT.

I am so sorry.

M

ML

I'm glad you went to the movies. It's good for you and for everyone. husband and Wee will find their way with each other.

witzend

What grown man expects a 7 year old to care for a dog in heat? - AND - Way to teach the dog to pee in the house!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband is a moron. Not only does he not know that unspayed dogs allowed to have repeated heats are at huge risk for life threatening uterine infections and breast cancer, but he's got no idea how to take care of a kid, either.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We had a good long chat before the movie, and after it. Then yesterday, he made a couple more comments to me that I don't think were very appropriate, either, so we had yet another good long chat. He gets an A for effort today...he spent the day with the fam, and only got onto Wee once, when Wee almost hit a parked car with the pony cart.

Still not holding my breath, but a definite improvement for today, at least.