Went to the super cool garden center today!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This place is only open about 6 weeks every Spring and they have an abundance of every plant, perennial, annual, shrub and tree imaginable. Seriously. And every single one comes in various stages of growth, are all very healthy and well maintained and oh, did I mention, they are incredibly CHEAP?? Yah. I bought:

6 zucchini
4 summer squash
4 different varieties of tomatos
4 different varieties of peppers (cherry, jalapeno and bells)
2 large hanging flower baskets
2 large perennial plants
1 large flat of marigolds
2 large flats of geraniums
5 different herbs

$116 total. How about that?

The place is jammed, people follow you to your car hoping to get your wagon when you're done. There are cars everywhere and about 100 employees milling about helping and working. You think you'll never make it out, but the line moves speeder fast. It is an amazing place and the only place I buy my plants. The deals and quality are just incredible.

So, I spent about 3 hours planting and digging and potting all but a few annuals. My knees are killing me! But it was great!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Jo,
Sounds like you really enjoyed all of it! Feel free to come and plant at my house anytime! Hope your knees are feeling better soon!

witzend

So, when those 6 zucchini are ripe, you need to have a lot of brown grocery bags available so that you can leave them on your neighbor's porch and run away in the middle of the night!:D