We're back from the vet

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Butterscotch expired about 10 minutes after they took her back for her exam -- they were going to write up a treatment plan to let me know the cost to keep her there a few days, but then they came back in a few seconds later and said she was gone. :( She was just too weak. Poor easy child, she is so sad. And angry.

Now she's wanting to rush out and get another one... ugh. Not sure I'm ready for that, because of course, you can't just get one chick...

It was very sweet when we got home to see her going to difficult child 2 for comforting. She just hugged him and cried. And then told me to go away. Yup. That's what mom's are for.

I'm so glad this is Friday.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks, TM. I tried. I really did. This is just something she's going to have to work through I guess.

Now I have to figure out how to dig a hole where she wants B buried. Oh joy.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm sorry for your daughter's loss of her pet. Please wait until you are absolutely dead certain none of the other birds are incubating the illness before getting more of them.

DammitJanet

Aww...so sorry about Butterscotch. Hugs.

yeah, make sure the others arent sick before getting anymore. Ya know, Easter is right around the corner. By then you should know if everyone else is well. Maybe a few chicks would be called for in the easter baskets.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks everyone. The sun managed to come up again today :) easy child is in better spirits -- her BFF's birthday party today is a welcome distraction. I get the honors of digging a hole this afternoon...

Despite her insistence last night that we rush out and get another chick, easy child finally agreed that we should just stick with the 3 remaining birds (MUCH to my relief). I told her she could adopt Minerva Louise, which was originally my hen. She's satisfied with that and has been telling me all of Minerva's wonderful qualities and why she's such a good bird for her to have as "hers." I'm glad she was able to reach this mental state without a lot of intervention on my part.

M

ML

I'm sorry for the loss too. I think it's neat that she bonded with her brother for comfort. She knows she can always have it from you :) Manster just got a parakeet from the pet store but it wasn't hand fed and is afraid of being held. So we're taking her back today and getting one that was fed by hand that he can hold. Hopefully they both have better luck with pet#2 :)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hard for anyone of any age to watch a pet to. Hugs to you all. I think waiting a bit might be a good thing.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So sorry. :(

Sounds like difficult child handled it awfully well, considering. Had to smile at her going to her brother for comfort. She knows she can go to you any time she needs to. That was just plain sweet.