We're On a Roll Here

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole has had an exceptional week, and a very, very busy one.

The puppy issue is resolving itself. Nichole did stick to her bargain. (much to my surprise) However, in the process realized that there are just not enough hours in the day to care for a baby, clean, go to school, do homework, and study, PLUS care for a puppy, socialize a puppy, constantly clean up after a puppy, run that puppy outside every 15 mins, keep said puppy out of trouble.......

She's collapsed into bed every night exhausted. :smirk:

I'll give credit where it's due. I did nothing for this puppy. Nichole did it all. Didn't even visit with boyfriend in order to hold up her end of the bargain. A week without spending every free moment with boyfriend is a RECORD.

Nichole finally admitted the puppy is making a tough situation nearly impossible. (and not for just her) Puppy is a darling. But since my friend did nothing to socialize the litter of unwanted pups, Grace had major issues. She's coming into her own beautifully, though and will make someone a wonderful forever dog. We've already begun the search for a great family match for her. I turned someone down today. All her issues are being posted because I don't want someone saying they'll keep her, then take her to the pound. Under different circumstances, to be perfectly honest, I'd love to keep her myself. (she strongly reminds me of our Molly)

Nichole also made her appointment to resolve the acedemic probation. She contacted the intructor and scheduled a time to do her checkoffs to improve her grade from an F to a B in the class. She followed thru after much practice taking vital signs on all the family and passed her check offs with flying colors. I know cuz I was her "dummy". lol

Then Nichole contacted the Director of the paramedic program to make sure when the program started. Good thing too as the lower levels begin in the spring. She's filled out all paperwork and has an appointment to meet with him as required.

Now to get to these classes she has to drive to another campus 30 miles away. So she went and got her driving permit renewed. boyfriend's Dad will be giving her lessons. She also asked easy child and sister in law to give her lessons to get in extra practice. She has to be comfortable driving before April 1st.

In the morning she's calling fam doctor to get her letter that she's allergic to vaccines and can't have them. (required for the program) Then contacting the woman who teaches CPR at the firehouse. (another requirement for the program)

She seems determined.

Although I'm not at all pleased with the whole puppy thing.... I am impressed with her for actually doing what she said she'd do even though I know she was bogged down with schoolwork, and the baby was demanding her attention. She didn't let her school work suffer either. I didn't hear excuses. Nichole and boyfriend got in many fights over her not going with him because she had to stay home and watch the pup.

I don't know what put the fire under her butt this week, but she seems to be on quite a roll. :smile:

It sure DOES sound like someone lit a Bunson burner under her tush!

Good for her, and good for you! Don't give in, you are both doing great!

meowbunny

Sounds like she is truly growing up! Let's hope she keeps on this path and doesn't burn herself out.

Hope you find a home for the puppy soon.

Coookie

Lisa,

Sometimes they have a way of surprising us don't they? :thumb: I'm so glad she took responsibility and held up her part of the bargain. Seems like she is growing up. :smile: Hope you can find a good home for the puppy. :cool-dog:

Hugs

DiC

Sounds like she is so committed, I'm happy for you. I feel bad about the puppy, but many people bite off more than they can chew with an adorable pup, and end up in that same situation.

Star*

call 911........call 911
So..now that your house is clean and Nicole is pitching in - what is YOUR rule about bringing puppies home?

I'm glad to hear she finally admitted that too much is too much, and will stick to her schooling.

GOOD FOR YOU DAISY !

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Next time Nichole gets the boot. I made it clear. Although after this week I doubt there will be a next time. lol

Star, I made you proud. I didn't even pet this pup until 2 days ago. And that was to help with the socialization. We're really having to catch poor Gracie up on this area. And ALL I've done is pet her. lol

I wouldn't even help watch the baby during this time. I wanted Nichole to feel the full effect of her actions. You should've seen Nichole attempting to do schoolwork while herding BOTH the baby and the puppy. lmao More than once she was on the brink of ripping out her hair. Or trying to figure out what to do with the baby while running the pup out to potty during her every 15 min sessions.

Comical. Almost. :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sounds like .....the fit hit the shan .....puppy fit so to speak!

So Nicole got to have a consequence - self induced? Brilliant!

Good work Mom :smile: