We're thowing a party! Hound Dog has a JOB!!!

InsaneCdn

Ladies and Gentlemen...

In case you missed Lisa's latest... she has a job.
The kind you get paid in dollars and cents for.

So, I think this deserves a "starting a new job virtual party".

I'm bringing...
- A tray of lunch-box cookies (half of which need to go in the freezer for her lunch boxes...)
- A new lunch box
- and a pair of high-quality running shoes

Who else will join?

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so THRILLED!! I hope that she likes the work and her coworkers and her boss(es) and that the money is good and plentiful!

I will bring:

appropriate comfortable clothing
audiobooks to enjoy during the drive to and from work
small reusable containers to put applesauce or fruit in to keep in the freezer so they serve as cold packs to keep her lunch cold and they give her a nice treat with lunch

For party food I will bring homemade blueberry muffins with-streusel on top, chocolate covered strawberries, and my amazing cappuccino ice cream (NSFW with all the brandy in it!)

scent of cedar

:O)

Personal organizer, so she can keep track of everything, now that she is going to be busy making for REAL, LIVE MONEY!

And a crockpot with one of those recipe-card sized spiral notebooks filled with crock pot recipes for the busy, newly employed mom.

******CONGRTULATIONS, LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara

P.S. Oh! And grasshoppers, for those of us not gainfully employed. :O)

Heh.

Someone has to do the celebrating.

Dixies_fire

I am bringing a peach bunt cake cause that's what I just made

And I also bringing: good comfy shoes the slip resistant kind that make it easier to work in all day.

And a bottle of wine for after work!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm bringing chips, queso and guacamole!!! And don't worry, the chips are no salt!

I'm so thrilled, this is the best news I've heard since I found out Inky was on the way!!!

DDD

Hopeless, lol, I'll be tossing your Margaritas. on the other hand with my organic low salt diet I don't have a darn fun thing to bring so guess I'll "tote" the last half of a cheap bottle of red wine that was used to celebrate the 4th with my 86 year old neighbor! YEAH, Hound. DDD

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Lol I thought it was a celebration party not stuff for Lisa to take work. My bad ;). No margaritas for work then. How about some casserole dishes she can freeze and heat up when she gets home from her JOB!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Can't think of a better reason to celebrate!!!!:hi5:

Since wine and margaritas are already going to be there I am going to bring salsa and chips to go with the margaritas along with a fruit trifle to go with the wine!!:wine:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aww. You guys are the bestest family ever. :)

I'm still having to pinch myself to believe it is real. Best yet, it looks like I might be able to get the shift I want.....which is nights. (I don't do early morning that well because sleeping at night is an issue)

It will be hard work........I expect to be worthless when I come home for the first couple of weeks until I get used to it......but I should be able to pay the bills just fine as they have a LOT of overtime.

tiredmommy

I'm getting her a matching monogrammed travel mug and water bottle set. Congratulations to the newest employee of the month!

DammitJanet

And here I was thinking of getting her a daisy water bottle...lol.

I guess I will have to look for Daisy slippers to soothe her tired feet when she gets home.

Congrats Lisa. You deserve it so much.

I'll send over the maid service, nobody likes to clean after they get home from work....or after our party!

S

Signorina

Congratulations Lisa!!!

I'm bringing you one of those funky Bento style lunch boxes and a mix cd of your favorite songs for your drive to work. (Almost wrote mix tape. I am old.)

And, baking you pumpkin bread for yummy snacks!!

Kathy813

Staff member
I'll throw in a 2 week paid vacation (of course, you might have to wait a little while).

Congratulations!

~Kathy