Were you a difficult child?

Nomad

Staff member
No. I think I had a brief period in my teen years, I was a little "mouthy." In high school I was "super girl." Straight A's, took a college class (very rare at the time to be given permission to do this!!) , worked a few hours a week at the local store, was Editor of the Yearbook, and active in several clubs. I look back on it and I don't know how I did all that.

The sad thing...my narcissist father thought I was a pain in the xxxx. He often complained about me, ridiculed me and worse. I look back and I'm amazed at that. My mom and I got along well. Another post...another topic.

Being a easy child kid probably made it harder to understand our daughter. And by the way, my husband was a freakin ANGEL. No joke...never even a brief period of difficulty.

UKMummy

I was probably somewhere in the middle. I loved school, was very socialable and had a great group of friends, some are still my closest friends now.
I had no contact with my father and a step father I hated. I felt heartbroken for most of my teens.
I smoked some weed, drank and did stuff I shouldn't of.
But I had a part time job from 14. I never ever mouthed off to my parents. I did as I was told for the most part. I didn't have the expectation that I was entitled to my parents money. I joined the Royal Air Force at 17, mainly to get away but I grew up quick and I suppose the bad stuff I did when I was younger, my Mum didn't know about.
My Difficult Child is the only Difficult Child in the family, I have 3 siblings. We all have very clever, pretty stable kids. And then along came my Difficult Child.......