Western Union lost my $

Steely

I really can barely speak I am so mad. Monday I wired 850.00 from an account in Texas that I was closing. Part of this money was supposed to be for some Christmas presents, the rest bills. Kind of pressing, you know???
Fast forward to today.
Western Union does not know what happened to the money. You know, "they just don't". "Some glitch" they said that would be
"resolved sometime soon.
"
Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME?????
:grrr:
I feel JUST like this icon. I am just speechless. I have contacted everyone I can within Western Union and they all say the same thing.
GRRRrrrrrrrrr..........

DammitJanet

How do they lose money with western union? Was it a money order or the regular way they do it? Either way, they have numbers on one side to track it. Now money orders are worse because it takes them a month of Sundays to actually track the stupid things though I have heard they have gotten better about it than they were the last time I had a money order go missing.

Steely

This was wired online from my bank account directly to Western Union. They can "see" the transaction - they just can't release or find the funds or something stupid.

buddy

Steely, I admit that would do me in too. That is not like a little 25 dollar close out. No one can tell you how long it will take to find it? I thought that was why you pay the extra fees etc. I will pray for you and in the mean time, what can you do? If nothing then this is going to be one of those true tests of accepting what you can not change. I hope you can find a way to relax enough for tonight to sleep. charlie brown christmas is on and some old movies like white christmas too. Whatever helps you escape. Let us know.....

HUGS and candles and bubble baths......

Steely

Buddy - thank you...Yes, this is a test of "radical acceptance" you are right. My counselor has been working with me on that. I will apply it :) Yes, this a fairly big chunk of change, it was what I was going to buy M.'s bus ticket with in addition to bills, and presents. But somehow it will work out. It always does.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Western Union would be PAYING me interest.......

then again - when things like this happen so that I can maintain my cool? I TRY (try being the operative word here) to think in terms of reason.....There must have been a reason this happened like this - such as - IF I had the money on time, and IF I had purchased that bus ticket and IF I had gotten on that bus, then that chain of events may have turned out differenlty and possibly NOT in a good way - perhaps something bad, very bad would have happened. I try to just pretend that perhaps my guardian angel messed with Western Union to keep me from buying a ticket and it was absolutely meant to be. Sometimes it works sometimes it keeps me wondering and sometimes it just doesn't work at all........but for the times it does? It's golden.

Steely

Yes-that is the radical acceptance thing. It is hard.
And funny you mentioned interest, because I almost brought that up to them, but they could barely refund me the 20.00 it took to wire the money that is not here - so I just threw in the towel. Good grief.

Lothlorien

If they can see that you did it and paid for it, but they lost it, they should be making sure that you are given that money immediately and then they can figure out what went wront. Why do you have to pay the price for their error? Sheesh. I'm mad now too!

Steely

Exactly Loth....I am just blown away. Again, no words.
We all think we can trust all these entities like banks, and yet, can we really?

H

HaoZi

Good grief, I hope they can lay hands on your money ASAP and get it to you properly.

busywend

Doesn't matter what happened to the money - the very nature of their business is that it gets to you instantly - so call them again and tell them they are in breach of contract or at least guilty of false advertising. Tell them you want your money NOW even if they have to use other funds to pay it! Geesh!

DDD

Good grief. That's the first time I've ever heard of that happening. How frustrating! Don't forget to keep records of everyone you speak to etc. in case it isn't resolved quickly. Hugs. DDD

shellyd67

I learned the hard way you cannot trust any financial institution ... Very long story about our mortgage escrow being stolen ... Yes, it did happen believe it or not and yes we had to pay it back...

All attorney's we consulted with said not worth the fight and the financial burden it would place on us in addition to the mortgage increase.

I still cringe over it and it has been over a year that it happened ...

I am sorry this happened and hope it resolves quickly.

Steely

Well - the saga continues. They "made a business decision to refund my money back to the original account."
OK - really?
THEY REFUNDED MY MONEY BACK TO AN ACCOUNT THAT NO LONGER EXISTS.
It is currently floating in cyberspace, no one knows where it is............AND I AM IN ABSOLUTE HORROR.
I have talked to everyone I can talk to....don't know who else to yell at.