Western Union lost my $

buddy

UN freaking believable!!!!

OK, so does the old bank have any record of having received a deposit for a closed account??? Maybe they can say what they do if that happens.... It is all electronic but there must be a record of an attempt......

Oh my my my.... this is way more than upsetting.... just crazy, who makes those kinds of decisions?

InsaneCdn

That bank - the one that you closed out the account at - should have an ombudsman - most banks do.
These kinds of convoluted challenges are what the ombudsman is for.
And yes, they will help you even for a closed-out account. (especially given that you closed out because of moving away...)

DammitJanet

Ok...this has to have happened before in some form or fashion. Banks have to have had money being transferred into closed accounts before. This cannot be the first time. The biggest issue I can see is the fact that it is now a weekend but everything is also 24/7 now so I am hoping you used a major bank and not a little neighborhood bank. I would call the bank's main customer service number with your closed bank account number and the western union numbers and all this info because they have to be able to see the money going out and the money attempting to come back in.

Steely

I wanna cry....I don't know. I am waiting for a phone call back from Western Union....and if that doesn't work I have to reach the bank. Thanks for the Ombudsman tip.