We've booked a Christmas trip!

Lil

Well, we did it. Jabber and I sat up late last night and booked a (nonrefundable) trip to Las Vegas for Christmas; December 25 to the 28th. In the week between talking about it and looking again, airfare went up close to $100 per person, so it was now or never. No choice now for the kid to come home for the holiday, even if he wants to!

About 12:15 I said, "Okay, it's after midnight. If we're going to do this we need to make up our minds." Being who I am and the way I am about money, I actually clicked, "Complete Purchase" at 2:00 this morning! I am NOT good about spending money on something non-refundable better than 5 months in advance. :p

But it's done. We'll be staying in a cheaper, Freemont Street hotel, where the gambling is cheap, and looking for an Elvis to sing Blue Christmas for us!

Scent of Cedar *

That's great, you two!

Enjoy!

I have never been to Vegas. D H loves it ~ for the food! He still talks about Bellagio's buffet whenever someone brings up Vegas.

Cedar

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Good for you two!!!
It's nice to have something good and fun to look forward to.

blue-elvis.gif

Jabberwockey

We arent going for the food Cedar, although we do know of a few decent places to eat. Dont remember if we even ever went into the Belagio though?

Copabanana

Lil and Jabber,

I go to Vegas for the food. And so does Anthony Bourdain.

There is a Tapas Restaurant on Paradise Rd called Firefly. We loved it so much we went 3 times. Crowded. Fun. Sangria. You can get there on the overhead tram or bus. The public buses are great.

I am happy for you.

jal

Golden Steer for the best filet mignon. A local place. Old packrat hangout.

Tillermans

See O by cirque de soleil. Or Ka.

Eat at the 360 at the top of the Paris. Their buffet is to die for there too.

Lots of business trips there in my past life.

Lil

This will only be our second visit. We went for our 5th anniversary, 10 years ago, stayed at the Luxor. It was nice, but we didn't do anything fancy. We did go to the Follies at the Tropicana, but none of the "big" shows. The prices stopped us in part...but we're getting a pretty cheap trip so...we'll see. I would like to see cirque de soleil (or maybe Thunder from Down Under - but I think Jabber might object to seeing that one) LOL!!!

I'm looking forward to it! :D