We've had a few

Wiped Out

Staff member
good nights with difficult child (in terms of gfgdom). He is continuing to struggle BIG time at school.

However, the past few nights he has been pleasant to be around. After school he and I did a run to the grocery store for some things I needed (he was actually good in the grocery store). The he and I went to the health club. Usually it's a recipe for disaster but I took him on Sunday and he was good then so I decided to try again. He did a good job.

We came home and played a game together. He was smiling and laughing a lot tonight-just fun to be around-that is something I haven't been able to say for a long time and it feels good. It's nice to know that we can still see some glimpses of the fun to be around kiddo.

Just wanted to share since it has been awhile since I've been able to share a positive post about difficult child. I know it may be short lived but I'm enjoying it while I can.

crazymama30

I am glad you are seeing some good things, it makes it easier to fight for them, in my humble opinion. Here's hoping for more good times

Andy

That is good to hear. He is learning that mom can be fun to be around! You might want to write a short thank you note "difficult child, I had such a good time with you last night. I hope we can share more fun evenings together." and leave it where he will see it when he wakes up tomorrow. Might help toward another good day?

LittleDudesMom

Thanks for sharing Sharon - things have been tough lately and it's nice to know that you and difficult child could enjoy each other's company! Hugs.

Sharon

M

ML

This is great news, Sharon. I'm so happy to hear it and I hope it is a sign of more to come. ML

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's wonderful how much we appreciate times like this. Savor it. The sharing of time that is relaxed reminds us that
there is a person inside who is like a rose entwined with the thorns. Doesn't make the thorns hurt less but gives you
glimpses of the beauty.
Hugs to him for his struggle and to you for being there.