We've lost our dear friend, DDD

Estherfromjerusalem

I am so sorry at the loss of DDD -- she was a wonderful support here, always so positive.

I recently read something so beautiful about dying, and I want to share it with you all, since I think it is really apt here, and it always moves me to tears when I read it:

"What is dying?" by Bishop Charles Brent.

I am standing on the seashore.

A ship sails to the morning breeze and starts for the ocean.

She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her till at last she fades from the horizon, and someone at my side says, "She is gone!"

Gone where?

Gone from my sight, that is all;

She is just as large in the masts, hull and spars as she was when I saw her, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to its destination.

The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me, not in her;

And just at the moment when someone at my side says, "She is gone," there are others who are watching her coming, and other voices take up the glad shout,

"There she comes."

And that is dying.

Rest in peace, DDD.

I am so sorry at the loss of DDD -- she was a wonderful support here, always so positive.

I recently read something so beautiful about dying, and I want to share it with you all, since I think it is really apt here, and it always moves me to tears when I read it:

"What is dying?" by Bishop Charles Brent.

I am standing on the seashore.

A ship sails to the morning breeze and starts for the ocean.

She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her till at last she fades from the horizon, and someone at my side says, "She is gone!"

Gone where?

Gone from my sight, that is all;

She is just as large in the masts, hull and spars as she was when I saw her, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to its destination.

The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me, not in her;

And just at the moment when someone at my side says, "She is gone," there are others who are watching her coming, and other voices take up the glad shout,

"There she comes."

And that is dying.

Rest in peace, DDD.

Childofmine

one day at a time
I appreciate so much her wisdom and good words on this forum. Prayers for her and her family.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

wg67

RIP DDD may the Lord wrap you in his arms of comfort and many prayers to her family and friends

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

nlj

If I can stop one heart from breaking
I shall not live in vain.
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
I shall not live in vain.

Emily Dickinson

Nancy

I am so very sorry to hear this. I hope there is plenty of cutty up there and I am sure our lovely DDD will be sharing with everyone. DDD, my friend, you were a tireless advocate for your grandson and an inspiration to all of us. To me you were the best example of unconditional love. I wish you peace as you now lovingly watch over your family from a different level.

svengandhi

I am sorry to hear of DDD's passing. I don't remember a time when she was not here and I originally joined the board in 1999. My thoughts and best wishes to her husband, and the rest of her family and friends.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh, no. I knew she was fighting, but I have not been so active in the last months. Godspeed, my dear DDD - we will see you again.

TerryJ2

Ohhhh I'm so sorry. I will miss her.
Does the family need anything? Would you be able to be a go-between? I mean, a donation or something I can send ... ?
Sigh. So hard.
Please let them know we are thinking about them. I hope they are doing okay. How old are the kids now?