Whacky Weather

Wiped Out

Staff member
We've been having the same great weather here in Wisconsin. I actually wore shorts to work today! This is so unheard of but I'm just enjoying every single moment!!

InsaneCdn

March has been warm. Too warm. I warned husband... it isn't going to last.

Rain this morning.
Sleet tonight, then...

SNOW. Like, probably a couple of inches.

<grin>
husband has gone out to shovel...

It won't last - but it may not be the end of the snow, either. End of March is a ways away yet!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It's so strange to lie in bed and hear the crickets and peepers, cars going by, etc. no fans are going, but less blankets and the windows are open, heat is off.

I think we are supposed to get rain tonight, heavy fog in the am and another day of heat and sun tomorrow! It's weird but I love it!

flutterby

Fly away!
My back yard needs mowed already - unheard of in Ohio in March. The back has been nicely fertilized thanks to dogs...but still.

Step - I'm not sure how good this is for crops. Last year it was so wet that everything went in late and the crops weren't nearly as good as they normally are. Corn was expensive last year because of it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Snow is good for the crops, but not as much rain as we had last year. That was nuts. A bit of rain is good. 4 days out of 7 all summer though...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OK, this is ridiculous. It's 84 degrees. It's the first day of SPRING, not SUMMER!

And my friend in Texas? Has snow.

What was that about a polar shift? I think we moved closer to the equator.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yeah - that's a TAD more normal for us, too.

I remember in 2008, Onyxx spent the night at a friend's for her birthday and her party the next day ended up getting postponed because we had so much snow she couldn't get home... From about 1 mile away.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We're at 84 and it's 6:37pm. It was either 86 or 88 yesterday. omg

I said to heck with it and pulled out summer clothes.

As to the pole shift theory...................there are natives who live around the north pole who are having issues navigating due to the stars they normally follow being in the wrong spot......and they keep moving. I saw them (the actual native people) write about it online, stumbled upon it one day. They've used the same stars to navigate by for centuries. They can't use them anymore.......it gets them lost. What that means, I dunno. But I thought it was interesting since scientist like to say it can't possibly happen. lol

Wiped Out

Staff member
We are at 78 right now-still unheard of. Tomorrow it is going to be only 73 and then dropping into the lower 60s for a couple of days. That is still way high for us at this time of year.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL what does it mean when 60 sounds good?

I'm out of clothes. Another pair of lightweight jeans went to the Goodwill pile today due to my hips. (Belly, I'll wear later. Hips, not so much.)

I have GOT to go thrifting.