What a Deal! Pay $3600 to save $1200 - Who's Interested?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
That's right...I just received a letter from my bank notifying me of a new "benefit".

I have the opportunity to sign up for their "Health Benefit" which will pay me cash for routine doctor and dentist visits.

For a mere $36 per month (that's $3600 a year) - I can receive up to $1200 CASH toward routine medical care.

What a deal!

:tongue:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Amazingly, many people fall for this kind of thing.

It's the words "cash" or "free" that gets them...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
$36 a month? Or $360 a month? I'm not getting to your final total....

O shoot ! My bad!

Yes, you are right... $36 per month x 12 = $432

Maximum benefit per family per month...$100 x 12 = $1200

OK, so if we had a routine dentist or doctor appointment (Mental Health/counseling appts don't count) every month...it might be worth it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Will this cover prescriptions? Chiropractor, physical therapy or massage therapy? Here the hospital runs 2 PT places, one of which has a gym that you can join. That one will make your workouts count as "PT" if you pay out of pocket for an evaluation with a PT who then recommends "therapy" that is really coming to work out. The kicker is that most insurance plans only cover the OTHER location because it has the hospital name in it. So if you see a PT there, your insurance will cover it - but they only have 3 therapists who work there and they have to see all the people who are in the hospital too, so appts are very hard to get. IF this plan would cover the other location I would jump for it because otherwise getting PT in this town is incredibly expensive. It wouldhave been almost more than husband made for Jess to get PT at the location with the gym. His WHOLE salary at his old job, not just the part that he got to take home. We had to drive 90 min each way to PT after her accident because of this!

See if it will cover things like rx's (if you take any), tdocs, chiropractors, etc... before you turn this down. It MIGHT be useful.