What a glutton

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am.
As if nephew's wedding hasn't afforded us enough "family time" at the Broom Closet, what with rehearsal dinner, the wedding, the reception dinner, another dinner out this week, and another "fun" reception this weekend, Two Brooms has declared that she is having Thanksgiving dinner. Next Wednesday, so we'll have cgfg (tho easy child 1 and his girlfriend will be gone for their Thanksgiving plans - cgfg was at or will be at every one of these wedding dinners).
A) no one really cares to have another "family" meal. B) it royally hoovers hanging out at the Brooms because the place is so cluttered you can't move. C) we've had cgfg and nephew present for every family dinner for the past 8 years. easy child 1 and his girlfriend haven't been included in over 5 because of Two Broom's scheduling change (they don't care - it gets old for me - cgfg has been at or will be at every one of these wedding dinners - easy child 1 was at one and had to leave early - he wasn't invited to the rest - but we have to schedule around cgfg - makes me ill). D) In 8 years we have only had cgfg on the Wed before Thanksgiving once. And we found out about it when her mom called and asked if we were going to bother to come pick her up or not (which we weren't; she had never been able to come that night before, why was that year different??? lol But we picked her up.)
Wee and cgfg like to cook. They've been asking to cook and put on a meal. Two Brooms has been carrying on about this burden of cooking for some time (and honestly, she won't do anything but order Mr Two Brooms around to cook the whole thing alone). So I decided that I will take on her Thanksgiving dinner. We'll have it on Tuesday, instead of Wednesday, so easy child 1 and his fiance can come, cgfg should be able to come, and the kids can plan the menu, cook, and serve it. We'll have it at my house, where there is some room to at least move.
Not having another dinner with these freaks would be best, but I think this is a livable compromise.
Tho Two Brooms is not going to be happy because I don't think we'll be having turkey. The kids like ham, and I will be letting them call the shots (within reason).
But it should be fun. :D Wee loves to put on dinners and use the good china, etc. And now he's seen husband's silverware, so he wants to use it, too!

Last edited:

Mom2oddson

It sounds like a truly wonderful Thanksgiving! The day doesn't matter as much as having those you love gathered around you. If wee will enjoy making dinner and setting the table, all the more joy in the day. And if the two brooms don't show....sounds like an even better day! Hope you have a wonderful time.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ah, she'll show.

But I figure on our turf where the kids can enjoy it, and I'll actually get to have my family with me, will be a 300% improvement on the alternative. lol

Then we can get down to the business of having a 4 day weekend! lol

(and the one thing I know that Wee has on the menu already is baked alaska. :dance:

Last edited: